Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Wooooo!!! Kate (and Seth) win.

Thank you everyone for entering :)
It made me happy to get submissions for my impromptu contest.

First place goes to Kate Eberle!

I second shot Kate's wedding last August, and I really love her photo. She took it while she was in Miami over Thanksgiving. I chose hers for first place because it moves me. Doesn't it just make you wonder about that couple? I like this nuance because it is a moment that anyone could have passed by and not noticed, but Kate noticed, and I think that its beautiful.
Second place goes to Seth Cutter! I really like the formal elements of Seth's photo. He captured the light perfectly, there's great color, great lines, great shapes... it's fantastic! He took this at The Whisper Lounge, which is one of my (many) favorite restaurants in LA (yes, that scored him bonus points). He was having dinner there with his girlfriend Gina for their first anniversary.
Here are the runners up.

This one has the best caption of them all: Seeing the ocean for the first time. Isn't that so cute?? Kelly C'debaca submitted this one of her and her son. I did the C'debaca's family photos a while ago-- and she has a fun blog!
This one is from Riley Kimball! I love the light and the reflections that he caught from his Arizona backyard.and THIS one is from my Grandma. Flies on a truck.
I'm telling you--I loved all of these!
and... this is Brady Dillsworth's. He was the clever one of the group. Sorry Brady, taking a picture of your computer screen doesn't cut it.

i hope this inspires you to keep noticing subtleties in your day,
thanks to everybody who entered :) i really enjoyed looking through all of the entries. you are noticers. i love that.

if you are Kate or Seth, email me your mailing address and I'll mail you your fun prizes! coffee and calendars.

so, does everybody want to do more contests?
mmm??????


9 comments:

Sethicus said...

One of the greatest benefits of blogging as a form of communication is the ability to be truly interactive with your audience. I learned that when I ran GodBlogCon. :-)

So yesh, I applaud the photo contests.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday SHANNON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I was a contest judge, mine would have won first place ;)

Heather Leith said...

i highly applaud the contests as well. so fun.

Anonymous said...

i thought that because blog comments are your love language this would be the best way for me to say:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! YOU ARE 21!!!! you are such a blessing in my life shan and I am so thankful for you! you're.next.level ;)

<3 lindsey

Anonymous said...

Love ya Shannon, I entered the contest but I still don't know what nuancee means in the realm of picture taking. If I knew I would do it more! Love ya and happy birthday!!!

Gma

blythe said...

lindsey's comment makes me laugh. so much.

and happy birthday again, dearest!

also, i wish i had entered the contest. but i didn't so...yes, have more of these. but i think the publicity is enough of a prize.

Anonymous said...

I would have voted for Flies on a Truck if you had asked for votes. Wow. Although, it IS pretty blatant, instead of nuanced. Oh well. I still like it the best. Maybe it could win for quirkiest. Or flyishest.

Love Mom

gnet said...

I love your intro..this is my 1st time visiting your blog and I feel like I know you...well said!++

Shannon said...

alright its unanimous. we're doing more contests. maybe i'll find things to give you all from my apartment. :).

yes, i did love flies on a truck-- i do think its nuanced. definitely. for some reason i was so so struck by kates though. i had to go with my heart.

hi there GNET! who are ya? :)

shan.