Thursday, November 29, 2007

I'm 21 now.

Yes! Today is THE DAY.
I turned twenty one.

twenty one!++++++++++++++++++++++

I love this day because I get to share my birthday with my favorite author, who I talk about a lot: Madeleine L'engle.

When I found out she and I share a birthday, I literally was so happy I had a few tears. I remember JUST finishing A Wrinkle in Time last year around Christmas, looking up some information online, and coming across an article that noted her birthday. I was ecstatic. The post about it is right here.

Today,, ruled.
I had seven hours of class to go to (flexibility and core training, Integrated Design 2, and Torrey), but that didn't stop the day from being wonderful.

First of all, I got to wear my yellow sweatpants all day.
Second of all, I got some phone calls from some great friends.
Thirdly, an entire kindergarten class sang to me and yelled at me over the phone.
4thly, I had breakfast with Hollie, dinner with my parents and dessert with Denise!
fifthly, i feel like i could write a hundred things,
sixthly, God gave me energy & joy today even though i hardly got any sleep.


+, thank you to all of you who left me comments on here, too.
comments are my love language.
i love reading them! i respond!

instead of a photo, a thought from Madeleine is going to finish us off this evening. this is from her book called Glimpses of Grace.

When I am constantly running there is no time for being.

When there is no time for being there is no time for listening.

I will never understand the silent dying of the green pie-apple tree

if I do not slow down and listen to what the Spirit is telling me.


i dont do this enough. but yesterday Hollie and I layed on our backs and listened to 5 songs in the middle of the day. No talking. Just the music, and the sunlight, and the sense of timelessness.

3 comments:

Hollie Shannon said...

life with you is... joy, peace, laughter, grace - refreshing. love. you.

Carson Leith said...

i love you shan!

Riley Kimball said...

Happy birthday girl. I'm glad you had a great day.