Monday, June 8, 2009

its like drinking a garden!


my new favorite thing is my juicer.
my parents gave it to me
i love it
i now enjoy buying out the farmers market
and am more attuned to vegetables like
:::beets
:::chard
:::carrots
etc
than i was before.

along with making me feel like i'm drinking pure health,
i also love the stunning color palettes that appear in my cup
!

this combo is
an entire beet
a nectarine
beet stalks
2 or 3 carrots
1 apple
and blueberries.

do you just love that foam?
i also added some of the pulp to give it more spice.



this is seriously rocking my world
why drink coffee when you can make your own juice?
(did i just say that??)



7 comments:

Ruthi Auda said...

i loooove juicing!!

But beets kind of scare me....

Julie Hibbard said...

yikes. I hope it tastes better than it looks!!

blythe said...

you make such an interesting tasting drink look beautiful, especially that second video!

by the way, i gave you an award today! see my blog for info. :]

Shannon said...

yeah, beets totally scared me too at first, but they're surprisingly good, especially juiced. they're actually kind of SWEET!

it tastes so good. its my new thing to give to guests----- julie, come over, and i'll convert you. promise. :)

Hollie Shannon said...

Book suggestion: "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle" ... I'm reading it right now and its making me appreciate farmers more and more and more. And local produce, and veggies and fruits, etc. Miss you.

Cafe Pasadena said...

S, I have 2 juicer/blender's. I understand what you're saying. I look 4ward to reading about your juicing adventures. If you need a juice recipe book, let me know.

Drink a fresh fruit/veggie juice with every meal and you'll live to be 150! Ok, then just not ever look old.

blythe said...

you're friends with "cafe pasadena" and you've been living there for....three weeks? ha. nicely done.