Tuesday, June 9, 2009

blogging from, THE PINK HOUSE!!!

announcement:

i've moved!
from my bright teal tropicana,
to
THE PINK HOUSE
!

i did stay with a common theme of bright,
but this pink place was no easy find.

...house hunting is hard, it turns out.

rosanna and i looked for about a month.
craigslist every second
so many apartments
so many ugly ones
so many expensive ones
so much lack of character

take for example,
this 1 bedroom studio for $750/month.
nope, we dont need more photos because this is it!
no thank you, we dont want to live in a place that holds 1 loveseat and a futon.
ALSO on the Umm...No List was the place where i wouldn't be able to wash my hair in the shower.

when we saw The Pink House,
lets just say we were at our limit,
ready to give up and move in with our parents,
but it spoke to us
we walked in this place and had in-love butterflies

ahhhhh! see?

it has so much natural light i could stay locked up in there for a month, shoot every photo session there, edit for hours a day, and not get bored.

one of my favorite highlights of the house is its doorknobs.
every single one! this is the CLOSET!
when people care that much, it speaks to me.
they just dont do this anymore.
thank you, architects of the 1920's.
so here's the main living area
• wood floors!
• arches!
• 10 million windows!
we went to an estate sale the other day and found this trunk,
and my new desk!
right next to it is this area,
complete with a built-in hutch
which we use for things like tools and sweaters
since we dont own napkin holders, and all that hutch-stuff.
the pretty white kitchen,
had to have a tutorial on the stove,
and LOVE IT.
lemon bars anyone??

the past few weeks have included
many garage sales,
lots of cleaning,
lots of unpacking,
and lots of disbelief that i really get to live in such a rad house!

more than thankful,
more than happy,
open to visitors!
-------shannon

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Shannon, seeing these pictures helps me visualize where you are now. Good thing all of you didn't give up! This looks like a girlthing kind of home! Thanks and love ya, GR MA

ali said...

hello, dream house. gahhhh!

Ellen said...

oh.my.gosh. ! I LOVE IT!!!!!

Yay for you friends!

blythe said...

a tutorial on the stove? i missed that....or is that a canadian word for something else, because i am just not following...

either way, i love it.

and that picture of you in the other apt shower is incredible.

Cafe Pasadena said...

I was praying for a deeper, pinker home. But, de color will come from U2 colorful girls instead!

That's a very old stove, which works. I guess one needed tutorials on such oldies way back then.

Your new place looks so comfortable, so at home already. If I were there, I'd feel so comfortably at home too! Seeing you guys happy in that new old apt makes this K9 happy for y'a!!

Shannon said...

its actually a deeper pink, dont worry----- the photo kind is kind of washed out. oops....

well, yeah---- kind of a light pink, but pinker than the photo.

Hollie Shannon said...

Oh I love seeing it so .. lived in!! Its beautiful. Also -- um I was just writing you a letter and realized I don't have the pink house address... can you email that to me.

PS: love your new desk. and that chest! and yes, I want a lemon bar.

TheHuntsAreRad said...

Ooooh so lovely. It's like Anthropologie picked up and moved to your house!

One more item... how do you find estate sales... so fun!

Carrie Allen said...

amaaaaaazing!

Katie Julius said...

What a cute place - I love how open it is with the windows and I love the arch!