Sunday, March 23, 2008

bedazz ////////polaroids//////////

this series kind of happened on a whim, which i love.
i didn't know what to do for this one assignment in my design class, so i decided to raid my bins of collections and treasures {for anyone who isn't me: my junk bins} and just make something. anything.

these are the parameters i created for myself >>
• make ten things
• each must be made in fifteen minutes
• only use found items from the bins
• bedazzle
• incorporate feeling words from those feeling charts "today i feel:"
• listen to the same song over and over
['it's you i like' by mr.rogers, but by donny]

here are three of the 15 minute bedazzlers.
what do you think?
and, do you want more explanation, or do you just like looking?

do you mind taking 15 seconds to answer?
rock it,
shan

7 comments:

Heather Leith said...

i like just looking, and picturing what your thoughts were while you picked the word and arranged billions of sequins.

(these are masterpieces)

Hollie Shannon said...

you've bedazzled me...

i so appreciate your boldness in just being you. and in expressing that in your art. i agree with heather, these are masterpieces.

and i especially love the doubtful one... could totally relate to it in some way.

loveyouso

-h

blythe said...

i like that you included the words- without them, i honestly would glance at them and think "pretty polaroids," but the words made me stop and think about each one, and wonder what the connection was.

bravisimo!

Anonymous said...

you're talents are so much cooler than many other peoples. haha.

now i want to put sequins on my invitations. haha.
<3 linds.

Marlin Munoz said...

Your are so seriously cool! I mean who else would think of Bedazzled polaroids!!! Too cool! BTW, I think art should be viewed subjectively. I personally like to look at them!

Anonymous said...

Hi Shannon, looking at these happy pictures did make me feel glittery in my mind. You made me want to imagine other ways to put the same things in a different way on the picture - like how would the clustered colors in the first picture look if they were actually under the water somewhere. Fun thing you did.
love ya, GR MA

Margaret said...

I love those pictures and I love the beddazzlers! I miss you Shannon! I love your pictures=)