Friday, January 4, 2008

Shelley and Mark's Christmas Wedding

They were married on December 21st.
They've been on their Yosemite honeymoon already, celebrating their first Christmas together: just the two of them.

This is one of the sweetest couples. Their wedding was at Grace EV Free church in La Mirada, and it was so fun to see a bunch of friends there!

a winter wedding.
genius, in my opinion.
Shelley got ready in the church's nursery, so I grabbed a children's book as a background for the rings. I have a picture of these things on every page. I'm going to give them their own blog post.
oh, just getting ready in parallel universes.
Shelley, you are stunning
so much fun!right before the ceremony.
Shelley and her dad--
and here she is!
seeing her for the first time,
!!
I have the best second-shooter ever. Blythe comes with me on most of my weddings, and she got this rad shot of them exiting the church! She's so good.
:)
signing the license!
this image says a lot to me.
i like it
now THIS was one of the sweetest moments I've seen. This is Mark's grandma telling him how lucky he is to have such a beautiful bride. It's sometimes hard to take photos while simultaneously getting teary-eyed and emotional...
Their reception was at Neff Park-- which also happened to be the place for their lots of their dates, their first kiss, their engagement... and now their reception! I loved taking photos here-- they showed me around to all their favorite meaningful spots. this is in their gazebo. THEIR.
these four are great friends, i hear
oooo the light
i love this one of them coming into their reception!
throw, that, garter.
whaddya know. carri javier and mark makin were the lucky-catchers! everyone thought it was rigged. apparently it wasn't? call me when you guys get engaged!
and this is Blythe (i like to call her Blx.)
my second shooter
my best friend
and a harmonica player.

and for even more of this beauty of a wedding, check out their jam-packed slideshow! its a long one. and its to their first-dance song by Jill Phillips. wait a few minutes for it to load.

8 comments:

Jessy Russell said...

Gosh! I sure wish you could do my wedding on the 19th! I'd even let you do the whole thing in Holga and Polaroid!!

But it's in New Orleans.

And I can't afford to pay you.

Gosh!

Riley Kimball said...

Awesome work girl!

Anonymous said...

i can't wait to see the kids book ring photos, coooooool idea!

good job :)

Shannon said...

jessy-- take a polaroid around with you for the day or something and pretend i'm there. eh?

Jessy Russell said...

oooo good idea...

If I can find one, I'll snap away and post the results.

Margaret said...

I love these pictures! I'm getting really excited about my wedding.

AKA Navillus99 said...

This is a great article...I am planning a christmas wedding 2008 and I love all the ideas.
http://navillus99.blogspot.com/

Mid-Business_Unit_Attorneys_in _Mexico said...

I saw it and I want to get married... it's a shame I don´t have a boyfriend ja! Excellent job, congrats!