Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Arizona (AND REGINA SPEKTOR!)

and Riley Kimball! And Denise Corsaro!!

Denise and I roadtripped to Arizona, where we met up with Riley to hang out on Sunday before our Regina Spektor concert.

here's our breakfast polaroids, from the best breakfast I've had in a long time (especially since i hardly ever eat breakfast [i know, i know. i want to change. maybe.])
One of the goals of our day was a photo for Denise's graduation announcements. I LOVE THIS ONE OF HER!!!
To match with her blue and grey, here's some polaroids Den took, all of which I think are lovely. #1, our feet in a mirror #2, window cleaner at a gas station, #3, a wonder bread truck at a gas station.going along with the gas station theme, here's my take.
(#2 is the most-used gas station in the world? or something?? and #THREEEE is Denise inside of an ice freezer since it was so hot in Arizona.)
yes.Riley ALSO needed some photos--his are for his blog!
I like these ones!!Here's some polaroids he took of us with his wonderful amazing SX70, a wonderful amazing polaroid camera that changed my life.We found a used bookstore with a CAT!
Up there I'm woo-ing the cat, since I LOVE cats so much.Here's another graduation photo option!Riley took this of me using HIS camera :)
See, this is proof that people make me so so happy.
Okay, on to part two of our day,
the Regina Spektor concert.
It was at the Orpheum, a beautiful beautiful venue,
{riley being ultra-dramatic}{regina being ultra dramatic}
Only her could make beating on a chair with a drumstick look completely breathtaking and almost move me to tears.Okay, at the end of the concert the whole auditorium turned into a planetarium and I was in heaven because number one, i love planetariums, and number two, Regina is a genius, and number THREE, I was with GREAT FRIENDS!!Here, we, are. Scott, Riley's friend, came with us too!And these are from our drive back to California.

Arizona.
:)


7 comments:

MK Reynolds said...

Okay, amazing photos,
amazing Shannon
Regina Spektor.
Hurrah all the way around :D

Riley Kimball said...

How Fun!

I love the polaroid of you and Den in the car. Good stuff

It was awesome to have you here in AZ. I'm glad you had fun.

Shannon said...

hurrayy!!! hi Mary Kate!! :)

and hello hello Riley! we had such a blastttttttttttt

Denise said...

yes it was fun and nice to meet new people...and polaroids are amzazing, especially Riley's with rad coloring. fun times.

Jennifer of VanSuydam Photographers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer of VanSuydam Photographers said...

Okay, the third photo from the bottom is SO GREAT... Almost as great as that beautiful bookstore kitty. :)

I've always said, "You can't trust a person who doesn't like cats." :)

Shannon said...

hey jennifer! oh man i LOVED the planetarium-- that photo is one of my favorites too.