Saturday, October 20, 2007

an LA find: Ethiopian food.

My friend Laura is brilliant, and introduced me to Ethiopian food tonight. I'm in LA almost every week editing photos for Jules Bianchi {an amazing wedding photographer!}-- which is a great excuse to meet friends for dinner!

Laura's my coffee mentor. She knows everything about everything when it comes to coffee. Now-- when our waiter ROASTED OUR BEANS IN FRONT OF US {steaming hot pan, at our table...} I knew this coffee was going to be absolutely legitimate.

and when the brewed coffee came in this amazing pot, I was sold.
I could blog about my coffee experiences every day, because every single day my coffee choices impact my mood, my ideas, my love for life.... all that. But today of all days I'm glad I'm sharing the experience with you, because Ethiopian coffee is life changing.
Laura, amazing. You are amazing.

(our dinner was good too.)

oh, and-- sad side note. I opened my cupboard the other day and my french press fell out and shattered on the floor. That was a really really sad morning for me.

Luckily Blythe works at Peets and is going to get me a new one.


thanks for reading,
shannon i love ethiopian coffee leith

oooh! addition to the categories: Exploring LA.
Check it out.
Nova Express
Grand Central Market
thrift stores,
everything.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I use legitimate all the time, it is one of my favorite words!

Wedding soon, bye :)

Shannon said...

bye

Anonymous said...

nice pictures shannon. have you found any places that have killer albums?