Tuesday, May 1, 2007

i got scared when i did it


I went into iPhoto
put my pointer on the scroll bar
closed my eyes
scrolled the dealie up and down
moved the mouse around the screen a lot
and clicked
and this is the photo that fate has chosen for us.

its my friend Michiko's boyfriend.
he's eating pop rocks at the beach.

now, if I could eat pop rocks at the beach right now
I'd be a happy woman.
because my life is so busy and filled with things that aren't solitude and random fun that I think I'm kind of drowning.
if i could eat pop rocks at the beach right now
i'd have sand in my purse (i despise the sand aspect of the beach)
and i'd probably be sunburned (i am very pasty)
and i'd be telling my friends that i didn't want to go in the water (swimming isn't really my thing)
andddd i'd be eating (eating and i are friends)

this is leading me to realize that i need to give myself some pop-rock time.

do you need pop rocks right now?

i do i do i do i do i do i do i do i do


* edit: I'm realizing i painted THE BEACH as horrible. i actually wanted to paint the beach as enjoyable and fun-- and was more envisioning myself freely eating pop rocks under the sun. catch my drift? go in peace.

8 comments:

Heather Leith said...

YOU HAVE A FRIEND NAMED MICHIKO!!! THAT IS SO RAD!

NoBadDaysCourtney said...

Shan-ada I like you and I like reading your blog. Thought you should know.

NoBadDaysCourtney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
blythe said...

i like the way your brain works.

Shannon said...

hey courtney! HI!! hi!!!
I read yours too. and i like it too.

hi blythe. that's a really nice compliment. thanks love.

Brent said...

Make it happen. Take that Pop-Rock Day now.

Hollie Shannon said...

The fact that I know you don't like the beach gives the fact that you would rather be eating poprocks at the beach much more depth...

Wanna go to the beach?

Shannon said...

Yeah, that's a good point. World, I don't like the beach. It's that stressful.