Saturday, April 14, 2007

Day four: Norah Jones at the Orpheum

A play by play of my life-changing experience seeing Norah Jones:
She began with Come Away With Me-- which practically brought me to tears of joy instantaneously. She is a real person. So genuine."I was walking around Boston today, trying to find a pillow, and... I walked into the Mattress Discount Store. The owner ended up offering me two pillows for two tickets-- and I think I got the good end of the deal--those tempur-pedic pillows are EXPENSIVE! So, Mattress Discount Guy? Are you here? This next song is a lullaby, dedicated to you-- because now I can... SNOR-AH."
She proceeded to sing Rosie's Lullaby from the new album.It was like a dream.This guitar is called her little red monster. This is the entrance to the bathroom. The yellow intrigued me.The Handsome Band, her accompanists, were incredible.
A perfect fit with her style, and full of soul themselves. graceful composed funny sweet likealeaftwirlingintheairIt was magical. That's my beloved Polaroid that I'm holding.
Yet again, another perfectly timed shot by my dad :)
The photo I took right after: (this was when we scoped out the Orpheum during the afternoon before the show)
The Orpheum Theater in Boston was an absolutely perfect location for Norah's style. The whole concert was so mellow, so low-key, so perfect. It was exactly as I had envisioned. She had little quirky things that she did, for instance-- she brought out a small toy piano and played it during one of the songs. She whistled during Little Room, which I was excited about. Her red dress was very cute. Her voice is absolutely beautiful in person. She shines.

Oh, the opener, M Ward was incredible too. If you love Norah, you'll love him too.


[ Our day was packed
I have been changed
Full of soul and depth
Norah is beautiful
I'll tell you more later
Becuase right now, its
bed time.]

8 comments:

blythe said...

great pics shannie. !!
i love how you take pictures of the polaroids on interesting backgrounds/fabrics.

Heather Leith said...

Norah is very beautiful, indeed. Especially when she is on a Polaroid on a pleated orange cloth. To echo the eccentric Blythe, I love the Polaroids.

Anonymous said...

i'm so glad that norah changed your life!

the photos are great :)

I can't wait to talk to you about it tonight

Shannon said...

Glad you guys like the Polaroid backgrounds :) Blx-- the green one from yesterday is your scarf! I love it! The one from today is the pillow from my hotel. That place was the best.

Brady-- yes, thanks, and yes.

blythe said...

who wishes shannon would revive her blogging frequency?

i do. ;)

Heather Leith said...

i second that.

Shannon said...

thanks for being blog-lovers. :)
homework and i were best friends this week, since we were NOT best friends last week. *sigh*.

so many great blog posts to come. I've got a lot on this little computer of mine just waiting to get posted.

Brent said...

The Orpheum looks sweet.