Friday, April 13, 2007

Day 33333: I'm a peach?

- Oh honey. Thank you. You're a peach. (after I... helped him with trash that was not going in the trash can or something)
-- No, look at her hat! She's a lemon.
- I think she looks like a peach. YOU'RE A PEACH!
-- But the HAT! She's a lemon. YOU LOOK LIKE A LEMON.

This is what happens on the streets of Boston at 11pm when you pass a group of 10+ college guys who are walking out of a bar.

I bought Polaroids this morning, after finally finding a shop that had some. Polaroid art is so much fun for me.
1. taken at the Museum of Modern Art


2. Brady and I. Oops, not his most flattering photo. We're all human though. We all blink. A big plus that you can't see: he had on red shoes.
3. After NY this morning and afternoon, we took the train to...BOSTON! Okay, backtracking here-- this is a man that we met at the museum.Me+the statue of liberty, again. I had to get a closer look at the woman.Brady, do something other than smile. Hurry! Now!
He was in NYC to photograph an engagement session, so we met for lunch and went to the museum to see a great great great Jeff Wall (famous photographer) exhibit. It was so much fun! Okay, I guess I'm not going in order today...
Scenery from the train again!
I decided as a result of the train ride that I would like to live in Connecticut or Boston. I need to have amazing trees in my backyard, a lime green house, rusty pieces of metal laying around, a farm next door, and my own garden. Upon hearing this dream, my dad promptly reminded me of the snow that arrives for half the year, and that is when I decided that I actually DO love California. Maybe Portland or Seattle would be a good compromise? Who knows. All I know is that this side of our country is enchanting.Oh my. Let me tell you: my dad is the master at getting good deals on hotels. We are at the Intercontinental, a new hotel directly on the Boston Harbor. Our room is on the top floor at the corner-- overlooking the city, and is has a stunning view. Both hotels had down comforters and pillows. And everything is square (and beautifully lit and designed). Modern. Sleek. Lovely.
Today marked THE best dinner to date. We ate at three restaurants. All Italian. All incredible. I forget all of their names. DANG IT!
Place 1: we had caprice salad, and pasta with WILD BOAR. Amazingly enough, the boar was actually delicious, and more importantly-- the atmosphere was perfect.
Place 2: the best gelato I've had since I went to Italy 3 years ago.
Place 3: THE best espresso I've ever ever ever ever ever ever had. We're going again for breakfast. It has been open since EIGHTEEN TWENTY. That's...one hundred and ninety three years. WHAT??! Thank you Lord for culture and history infiltrating a place. In Orange County we have... a lot of...Starbucks'??

My dad's parting words as he drifted to sleep tonight (he's the master at falling asleep fully clothed, tv blasting, lights on, sitting upright): "Shannon this will be the last day in our LIVES that we go to sleep without having seen Norah face to face."

Can't wait for tomorrow! NORAH I'M COMING...!!

Are my posts too confusing?
I'm trying to give you the feeling of navigating yourself through a city that you are unfamiliar with. Back and forth, in circles, running, needing coffee, being cold, oops, I though I was just there... UM SIR? WHERE'S THE MUSEUM OF MODERN ART. No the Museum of Natural History is not going to do. I want the museum of Modern... ART.



Shoot I just added to the mix.

10 comments:

blythe said...

can we move to seattle together soon?
i know a wonderful little cupcake shop we could frequent...

Shannon said...

Yes. I'm in.

Sethicus said...

Your posts are amazing. I definitely got the confused feeling reminiscent of my own tourist days navigating NYC.

Anonymous said...

Hi Shannon!

Thanks for posting such flattering photos of me, hahaha

Brent said...

I'd say lemon.

Anonymous said...

A-Ma-Zing.

I wish I was there with you! Enjoy it all, and say hi to Norah for me!!!!

Love you!
Ellie

Shannon said...

Hi Seth! Glad you're enjoying the adventures :)

Brady don't worry, I have plenty more if you want. And you have thousands of me. Including those jaw surgery ones. My oh my.

Thanks for you input Brent. You rule.

El!!! I think about our new apartment every day.

Anonymous said...

I love that picture of you with the statue. So cute!

Heather Leith said...

Most definitely you are a peach. No questions asked.

Your posts are not confusing. They are intoxicating. For sure.

Shannon said...

Thanks Julie!

Heath-- intoxicating. Wow. You are one verbose woman. I love it.