Wednesday, January 3, 2007

My beautiful...ceiling?

I needed a science class, and taking astronomy over Interterm sounded like the perfect idea to me. I absolutely love the stars! I also love planetariums. Well, I've only been once, but the recent opening of the Griffith Observatory made me so jazzed! So, here I am... alone in my dorm room after class, reading 3 chapters from my textbook and learning all about the cosmos.

As amazing as it is, taking astronomy and everything, I found myself needing a break from the stars this afternoon. As I frequently do, I turned on one of my best musical companions: Norah. Laying flat on the floor, looking up, I caught a new view of my room that I hadn't noticed before:

The texture and line that I saw in a new light brought a deeper appreciation for the vastness of the sky I had been saturated in all day! It also helped me realize that I don't have to stop at Starbucks... or my new favorite place, T on Fairfax to have a break. Inspiration came by simply noticing the beauty that exists right above me.

What a find!

No comments: