Tuesday, January 30, 2007

don't worry,

I've posted about a Norah Experience before.
I feel like she is my go-to. When I need to rest, think, work, or cry, I turn on It Feels Like Home and the world is better. Her new CD came out today. And by today, I mean-- 43 minutes ago. I pre-ordered it, and was it worth it? Yes. I will be so bold as to say just her voice alone is enough to bring you to your knees. I don't care what she's singing-- whatever comes out of her mouth is just beautiful. But on top of her sound, her lyrics are so sweet. Sweet. That's my word for her. Graceful, careful, soft, and sweet. Words I never would have known would be coming out of my mouth in praise of someone else. I like to think of myself as bold, edgy, strong, and limitless, and I tend to place value on people who are like that as well. Well, at least I used to. The world is changing, folks, and I like the delicate things of life these days. The questions, the raw unobstructed honesty, the reality. "Oops i hit my elbow on the door but i don't even care."

Who writes like that? I love her.

Aww- now she's whistling. AHHH! Friends, seriously. This is so lovely.

I feel myself falling asleep now, so goodnight. I will wake up inspired, I just know it. I have it on repeat, and will for the next few weeks most likely.

2 comments:

Orange County Wedding Photographer said...

I love her voice! I think it is unique and her songs reach into my heart. I have her first two albums, but if you really really recommend this new one I might get it! And she's beautiful too - I'd love to photograph her.

Hollie Shannon said...

Can I just say that I absolutely love the way your mind works? You inspire me... did you know that? Hmm keep these coming. Its almost as good as granola ;)