Friday, July 10, 2009

anyone else get lots of street sweeping tickets??

i do!!

i finally got it all figured out when I lived in Tropicana... it only took two years, but I think I went a few straight months with no tickets near the end of my time at Biola.

I moved to South Pasadena about 5 weeks ago and was beyond excited to have a REAL GARAGE with my own permanent spot so I didn't have to worry about street sweeping. So imagine my surprise, shock and awe when I drove two streets over, parked, went to a little shop for literally 15 minutes, and came back to a ticket. Lame.

I'm really into returning things, contesting things, getting out of paying things.... and so I of course, chose to write a letter contesting the citation. Good thing I decided to do this the day it was due, and also simultaneously ran out of ink in my printer (another thing i'm good at doing.) I spent literally an hour trying to use my roommates printer.... it didn't work... and so I only had one option left. Type it.

Pray they dismiss that bad boy.




9 comments:

Brady said...

you are awesome!

carson leith said...

this is too good. the page looks so cool. i never would've guessed that our typewriter worked :)

you're full of surprises

adwin H said...

what a cute typewriter~!
>.<

Hollie Shannon said...

how could they ticket someone who sends requests on typewritten pages?

blythe said...

of COURSE they'll dismiss it! they'll think you're a precious little old woman who drives a volvo and types on a typewriter! bravo.

Heidi Jo said...

Good luck!! P.S. I think I am in love with your typewriter.

Anonymous said...

where did you find your beautiful citrusy desk?

Shannon said...

i got the desk at an estate sale!

Unknown said...

ahahaha! you never fail to amaze me, shan. that's seriously so precious that you typed it out on a typewriter. you should use it all the time now. maybe type out some poems or odes to me....? just sayin'.