Thursday, July 9, 2009

the 4th.

when it comes down to it, i really enjoy quality time with my friends. big parties aren't my first choice, and that's why i loved the 4th this year. Rachel came over to our house and hung out for the whole day, and we had everything from homemade juice to homemade pie. good food and quality time with my friends = my ideal day.

rachel put these pictures on facebook and i just about fainted. it hit me that i rarely get to be the one to sit back and have someone else take pictures of my life.... let alone POST THEM UP. i honestly had a moment where i was in shock.

so, this time i get to be the one to steal the photos from someone else :) our day was so relaxed and fun and i am proud of our food creations we made. enjoy!


first was our juice.
beet carrot apple orange !!!
we had dinner next... a cold summer pasta salad and sangria.
talk to me.
rach carmelized the sausage and onions and OH MY GOSH it changed me.
while rachel made the pasta i busted out one of my favorite things: strawberry pie! pre-packaged crust goes against my morals so yes, MADE that crust. the secret to the pie is a cream cheese and lemon zest lining, which i'd be happy to talk you through if you want to make it one day---
and don't worry, rachel's nails are iridescent purple

3 comments:

Hollie Shannon said...

that pie... speaks to me.
Please - talk me through it.

Cafe Observer said...

Agree. Remember to major in the 4F's: Family, friends, faith, and FOOD!

That strawberry pie looks great: I'm more interested in eating it than making it!

Great pics, too.

blythe said...

mmm sangria!

and, why the glarey glare face in the last one shan?