Tuesday, April 7, 2009

behind the scenes:::::: setup of day 1

installing day one of the show took the entire weekend. i predicted it would be 'easy' and that we would be done in a day. hello, optimism! nope--- it took three!

i couldn't have done it without the help of my mom, my grandparents, and my friends rosanna, ruthi, becca and marisa!
ruthi and becca started us out with creating a grid on the wall with pushpins and string. it took forever, but made our lives a lot easier.
here's ro, measuring queen
clearly becca was into her work :)
while the grid was being made, my mom and grandma made hundreds of tape rolls to put the photos up with---green tape! my fave!
while all of that was happening, i was organizing the polaroids by color. i had never seen them all out like that before---- it was rad!
next job: putting them on the wall! rosanna would hand me one, i would look at it, choose where i thought it would look best, and then place it.
--me, grandma, ro--figuring out wall #2--

my grandpa's job was to install a shelf, which he did perfectly,
and here i am stepping back and looking
at one of the completed walls, (ahh!)


day one!
shannon

3 comments:

The Lung Family said...

I love that your grandpa is helping, that picture is precious!

brady said...

You look like you are in love in the last picture :)

(it looks like someone is peeing in the corner too!)

Carrie Allen said...

love this. got the picture in the mail! i'm excited to hang it! thanks! :)