Monday, December 15, 2008

SOMETHING NEW & EXCITING!

one of my new most prized possessions is my twin-lens reflex camera. the kind that has two lenses... the kind that you look down into... the kind that changes your life. my dad is officially the best ebay/craigslister EVER.... and found me the most amazing one for my birthday. dad! thank you!! it even came with the original red box. :) i almost cried when i saw it in person. it's a Minolta Autocord, it has officially changed my life, and i went on a few walks with it recently and took these with Kodak TMax400.




my favorite, which i'd love to have become
a big big print in my house one day.


i love working in film!
kind of.
>>>>> annoying to develop, i hate dealing with dust marks, i hate dealing with scratches, but i love the detail, i love the authenticity it adds, i love the film grain, and i love the way it makes me slow down just a bit.
love,
shannon, who is absolutely exhausted right now and is going to bed :)

3 comments:

blarney said...

The epic bark-on-the-sidewalk picture is amazing/epic! :D Congrats on your wonderful present!

Margaret said...

I love film. Thanks for sharing these lovely pictures:)

www.ruthiauda.com/blog said...

love these!

Blythe and I became lunch friends when we found out we work, like, 2 feet from each other right now. sweetness! You should come join us next week!!!