Monday, December 22, 2008

packing to go HOME FOR CHRISTMAS



here's an insider behind the scenes look at my thought process while packing to go home for a mere 10-12 days.


home for me, is a thirty minute drive away.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""


#1 on the list, LAUNDRY. i hate having to pay a dollar to wash my clothes. let alone my sheets. and my sweaty yoga clothes.

#2 i should probably bring all the books i've ever wanted to read, all the books i half-read for school to re-read them, all the books that might keep me busy on a slow lazy day, and all the spiritually renewing books that i own to re-read and enhance my soul.

#3 my journal, of course, PLUS a blank one for when i run out of room

#4 baking supplies, for all the times that i bake, and for all the times that my own mother doesnt have flour and sugar, which is NEVER

#5 every photography related item i own. negative sleeves? totally might need them. every polaroid camera i own? yes. 20 gigs of CF cards? totally. all my lenses? you never know what shot we might need on christmas morning. WHEW.

#6 all my past client's contracts and current clients contracts and blank contracts in case i get any new clients

#7 face mask stuff for a personal spa day, along with multiple kinds of lotions, along with eye makeup remover and cotton pads, and an extra razor

#8 a minimum of 3 hair products. who knows if i'll be in a mood for SPRAY DIRT, COCKY, or TOTALLY TWISTED?

#9 four pairs of shoes. the only four pairs i own. and two of them i never wear because they give me blisters... but hey. you never know what i might want to wear to the christmas eve service

#10 every craft item possible, for all the crafts that i might make people for christmas

#11 all of my art that i've made this semester

#12 clothes that i'd like to mend. i'll totally have the time.

#13 every color of embroidery floss---- to do the mending with

#14 all of my old journals in case i want to reminisce and process through everything i've ever learned in life

#15 the groceries that i bought the day before i left

#16 all of my plants, oh wait!

#17 tea, coffee, french press, peets blend 101, another french press, and the pretty coffee scoop, and caramel, and cinnamon, and the milk frother

#18 all of my jackets. all of my sweaters. all of my sweatshirts. BRRRRRR it sure gets cold in southern california. man alive.

#19 all of my stationary, for all the letters i might write

#20 everything financial in case i decide to do my banking.






and then i forgot,
my allergy medicine,
which is bad because i already had a run-in with cashews the other day and almost died.


MERRY CHRISTMAS!
call me if you need anything!
949 525 2281.

love,
shan

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

"#1 on the list, LAUNDRY. i hate having to pay a dollar to wash my clothes. let alone my sheets. and my sweaty yoga clothes."

I'll send you a dollar, please do your laundry!!!

No more cashews, don't die now!

Anonymous said...

In all of this list of hilariousness, which is hilarious because it's all literally true, my favorite one is #20. You? Decide to do your banking? That must be why it's #20. You have 19 other priorities ahead of that one.

Love ya Shan!
Mom.

Suz Broughton said...

Merry Christmas! I look forward to more greatness in the coming year...no pressure.

Abigail said...

Shannon! This is totally what I'm like when I'm packing for a "lounging at home" vacation. For a real trip I'm so efficient and can fit everything in a carryon, but a trip when I'm just going to be sitting around trying not to spend money?

Must bring EVERYTHING I own!

blythe said...

hahah! how did I not know this about you? seriously.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html][b]wie war das wetter[/b][/url]

[url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html][b]flughafen wetter[b][/url]

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html]drei wetter[/url]

[url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html]wetter deutschland de[/url]