Thursday, December 4, 2008

::::::::blog-stalkers unite:::::::::

i don't know why, but over the past 3 weeks I have had so many people come up to me and timidly declared themselves as a BLOG STALKER.

and you know what I told them all?
I'M GLAD SOMEONE READS IT!



Seriously.... there's no shame in reading my blog.

i love meeting people who have spent some time here... ha, since you know so much about me after looking through the entries... it's always nice to flip it around and get to know a bit about YOU. and there's no reason to be shy about it! come out of the woodwork! say hi!! :)


my main purpose in having this blog is not just to display my photography, or my life... it's to peel up the corner of the dailyness of LIFE---- to bring attention to things that can be easily overlooked--- to explore the seemingly ordinary things that happen each day.... and to say, hmmm. maybe there's more here.




the last thing i want is for this to be it's own little world... it's own little entity... where people come and explore and then leave and continue on their way. i'm interested in more of a dialogue... learning from you... having a give and take atmosphere where we learn from each other. and one of my favorite ways to do that is to meet you, and when i get to meet you in person it's the best.

so don't be shy.

seriously.

to prove that i'm human, that i'm not perfect, and that i'm approachable, please look at this post about my chin hairs. click!







marisa, melissa, emily, david, amy....
thanks for saying hi and for reassuring me that yes, i'm not writing this blog to myself.

to the rest of you, say hi in the comments!


you rule!
love!
shannon

13 comments:

The Lung Family said...

I also am a blog stalker on your blog. I have it bookmarked under 'blogs that I read' on my blog, so whenever you put a new one up, I see it and read or admire fantastic photography! I appreciate all the wonderful posts you give us to read.

Anonymous said...

nice green font...

Calvin said...

Hi! I am MKR Mouse's sister..... I love your pictures! :):)

.chelsea. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
.chelsea. said...

ok, here i come out of blog stalkerdom...i LOVE your blog.
i love the obsession with painters tape (especially GREEN) and polaroids...you are an incredibly talented photographer, hope you don't mind i've passed your name/blog address on with a good word to couples looking for an engagement/wedding photographer...ok so there you have it. ah feels good to get that out in the open ;]

Scot said...

is it still considered stalking when i publicly follow your blog? either way, figured this was a good time to say i thoroughly enjoy your photogs. also i am slightly jealous you get to live nearby so many fabulous people. keep up the inspiring work.

Amy Amersons said...

thanks for the shout out.


see, i vicariously blogged through you, too!

amy

Blarney said...

I am MKR Mouse's other sister! We have no biologial proof (yet), but we're pretty sure that we we're twins seperated at birth. :) (Is it self-indulgent to look at such beautiful pictures of such beautiful people all the time? Sometimes I wonder! But you have a gorgeous blog!)

Anonymous said...

I will admit that i am a blog stalker you did the photography for my youth pastors wedding in June in Long beach and my friend Lauren and I have followed your blog since. we met you at the torrey performance of Peter Pan and was glad to met you I love the work you've done keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Total blog stalker =) Can't remember how I found your blog, since I stalk so many! But I love the photography! I'm a VERY amateur photographer, so I love the ideas I get from your blog!

Shannon said...

melissa---------- i totally remember you guys! thanks for writing!

and hello lisa, blarney, amy, scot, chelsea, calvin, brady, and annalisa!

woo woo!!!

DeannahBanana said...

I totally blog-stalked you, and then randomly struck up a real life conversation about Holga film :O) It's nice to post a comment for the first time. Anyways, I said I'd let you know when I figured out Holga film developing, and I believe I've found the place of dreams....Fullerton Photographics. $15 per roll for processing AND a photo disk. I'm dropping film off today.....so I'll let you know!

Anonymous said...

I am a TOTAL blog stalker (tee hee!!)