Wednesday, October 15, 2008

4x5 explorations around La Mirada


I love putting away my digital camera and working with film.


My normal film outlet is my polaroid, as we all probably are aware of by now, but I also enjoy working with the 4x5 camera.  I did a project a few years ago that you can look at by clicking here if you'd like.  It was a project about the girls who lived on my dorm floor while I was an RA.

This time, I took a walk around La Mirada.  I set out to photograph the quirky trees and early 1960's homes... but found myself more intrigued by light and shadow than buildings and trees.  This is more of a sketch than a finished project... I'm shooting more photographs today, actually!  These ones were an exercise to get me familiar with the camera again, since I haven't used it in so long.


oh, and here's an image of what the camera looks like---


and here are my seven 4x5 shots:
i have no idea where that ghost-image in the top left corner came from! it creeps me out. HOW CAN FILM DO THAT!

I also have absolutely no recollection of being in front of the camera for this one.  my oh my.  ATTRACTIVE.
creepy cool
this is the direction i want to take the rest of the project:
TROP! i love tropicana.


enjoy today.
for real,
shannon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yesssss!

I LOVE 4x5!!!!!!!!!!

:)