Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Making up for lost time: Prom 2008


I had bad luck with dances in high school.
ie: I was never asked.

For my senior prom, I finally took matters into my own hands and asked this guy to go with me. He said he didn't have enough money to go, so.... I paid for him, in order to get myself out of the embarrassment of not going to my senior prom.

He showed up in a suit that was too small that he had borrowed from a friend... he said he was sorry but he 'didn't have money for dinner' so could i pay? and then he left me halfway through the night. The corsage he brought me was ugly, I had just had surgery so my face was swollen, and he complained that they didn't play enough RAP.

My Junior year, prom was held at the Discovery Science Center. I've always wished I could have gone... because I hate dancing, but I love dressing up---- and how cool to be able to do science experiments in a GOWN!

There's a good ending to this sob story:
I was finally asked.
Last week.

>>>>>> for newcomers, I'm now going into my 5th year of college

my boyfriend, DONNY! asked me! to prom! at the discovery science center! we both had a day off, so we dressed up, went out to breakfast, went to the science center, and then topped it off with disneyland.

here's some photos of my dream date day:
official prom photo 2008
official donny is SERIOUSLY handsome photo 2008
here we are at the science center,
in the form of red pins.here we are in the middle of a tornado,
here we are by the cube, for non southern californians: the science center is this huge amazing colorful CUBE! you can see it from the highway.
here we are in a sea of mirrors
and now, part two:
DISNEYLAND
(my boyfriend is incred.)
we wanted to go on the new Toy Story ride, because it is pure bliss.
our friend Chad works there, and took these, and hung out with us
**********************************


this.... was my perfect prom experience.
no dancing,
breakfast not dinner,
an incredibly handsome date who wore a vest and glasses that fit,
fun,
joy,
love,
happiness,
ahhh!!!!!!!

donny hoover = the most creatively fun boyfriend in existence.

no longer scarred for life,
shannon

6 comments:

MK Reynolds said...

you're so beautiful!! Wonderful dress too!

Hurray all the way around!

Carrie Allen said...

This is the sweetest thing ever.

Anonymous said...

I loooooove your prom post. You look so happy, Shan. I love it when you’re glowy. And, waiting 5 years probably made the day 5 times more fun that you would have been able to have when you were 17! You do have a pretty amaaaazing boyfriend. Love, Mom

Juli Taylor said...

Shannon, you two are the most wonderful couple I have seen. I get so glad seeing pictures of you guys! He makes you happy and that makes me happy.
Juli Taylor. woot woot.

Margaret said...

Awww prom! I'm glad you got to do this:) I love these pictures!

Anonymous said...

nu.uh.

he is the coolest. and i should have seen him more than once in my life!

oh my gosh, im so happy you have such a good boyfriend!

linds.