Friday, June 6, 2008

Paul & Jessica // 2nd Anniversary

After 2 months of seeing my "i'm coming back soon i promise" post, I'm really really REALLY coming back this time. I'm going to begin with a really fun anniversary photo session from last weekend. Keep coming back, because I think I have a million photos to post from the past two months (the lack of posts is a sign of LOTS OF NEW PHOTOS COMING UP!)

This is Paul and Jessica (check out their blog by clicking here!),
my boyfriend's brother and sister-in-law.
Thank you Donny Hoover for the referral! :)
{0100110001001111010101100100010101
011001010011110101010100100001}
They have the coolest tradition: they plan to have professional photos taken every year for their anniversary. Isn't that rad? I think it will be so fun for them to look through all their photos when they're older.... especially photos like this:
We took a walk around where they live-- following the route they take when they take walks together.
this one, is so cute.
i love these next two! so real and fun.
now...this photo is kind of against the norm for me... i don't usually highlight the trees, i like to highlight the people. but. i like this one! it reminds me of the cover of a romance novel from the 90's.
hot alert
adorable alert
FAVORITE!alert!
oooo. THE FISH FOUNTAIN.
can we run through that fountain?
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
here they are at the end of their run! this fountain was really really really long, and just so everyone is aware: they did this in the MIDDLE of their session... and dried off during the rest of it. i love that kind of commitment.
fish fountain love
next stop on the walk was the bamboo.
it was so cool! i wish every park had a bamboo patch
i'm forgetting if i asked them to close their eyes... if they did it on their own... or if they were blinking... but i think that this is a beautiful moment
next Paul brought out a little friend for us to meet
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jess and I collected bamboo and flowers to use for a photo of their rings. They never got one when they were married, so we did this little number, which i am officially in love with.
my crime scene via wedding rings.
last one!
paul&jess---------
• thanks for the fish tacos and introducing me to REDMANGO
• thanks for showing me all your little spots along our walk
• happy 2nd anniversary!
----------- shannon

8 comments:

MK Reynolds said...

yay for the lovely post and pictures! :)

Marlin Munoz said...

Incredible photos Shannon!! Glad to see you posting again, totally worth the wait!

Carrie Allen said...

yay! I am so happy you are back! I love your pictures!

Ellen said...

Shan!

These are awesome!

The first and third ring shots are next level, and I love love love the shining sunlight in some of the photos.

Miss you!

Hollie Shannon said...

oh love, we've missed you...

now --- the world needs to see Eli in compression shorts on roller skates.

we'll wait patiently.

:)

love love love,
hol

Brianne said...

Your shot with the the tree and light is just breathtaking... I'm so very glad you share these on here!

Paul said...

We love you Shannon Leith. Thanks again!

Unknown said...

I worked with Jessica (and Paul) at a high school last year! I was just looking through the photos and I'm like, hey, I KNOW these people! What a small world...oh, and awesome photos too - I can't wait for mine!