Thursday, January 17, 2008

we've bought some birds for our apartment.

FYI: I now live in a new apartment.
Sadly, the adventures with Hollie and Ellen have come to a close, and I now live with Rosanna, Kerry, and Lauren! Hollie is taking the semester off to get MARRIED (I'm the maid of honor! woo!) and El will be living with two amazing girls: Danika and Madison. Rooming is crazy in college, and the logistics worked better for me to switch apartments, so now I live across the way from my old place. BUT DON'T WORRY. I'm still in the ever-so-teal Tropicana!

In an attempt to fill our blank walls, Rosanna and I drove to LA to buy a birdcage. We saw the perfect one hanging in a window at a vintage shop on Fairfax one night and just had to go back and get it. I do all the cooking at our place, and Ro handles the projects like: birdcage hanging.
She became insta-friends with our little feathery guys.
Odysseus and Penelope. These two are lovers. Like all people in love, their eyes are only on each other, throwing anything unnecessary to the wind: blinking, eating, bathing... who needs those things when you've got each other? Anastasia (ah-nah-stahs-ia) III is the Queen of the cage. She makes all the rules. She gets the nest 100% of the time and never shares. She's pretty stuck up. And pretty beautiful.
They came all the way from Michael's, since real birdies aren't allowed.

and i need to go put a towel over the cage before i go to bed.
we wouldn't want them blinded by the morning light.

when they say you cant have pets just buy fake ones,
shan

9 comments:

blythe said...

well, if you were going to throw the squirrel idea to the wind, i'm glad you got such pretty birds instead. i like those love birds.

blythe said...

p.s. maybe anastasia sleeps so much because she is lonely and depressed.
you should get her a little boyfriend who is a moose.

Anonymous said...

Hi Shannon, Didn't know you were moving, but it sounds like you are happy about it. Love the birds. I'm trying to get real ones to come to a new feeder I just got but so far no luck.

Love you!

GR MA

MK Reynolds said...

heh, I didn't realize they were not real birds till half way down the post! Ah, the wonders of Michaels

Hollie Shannon said...

and they won't die like our poor little fishies...

i absolutely love you guys.
and the birdies too.

-hollie

Ellen said...

NNOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

You and Ro are too much.

I think I will call you

Rosannon.

LOVE YOU!

Shannon said...

i'm glad you all love the birdies. if you havent already, come see them! grandma, that means you too. i want to have you over..

Heather Leith said...

oohhhhhh myyyyy
i am cracking up.

odysseus and penelope (the book ones) are close to my heart, aka i hate them and their book, but i love these ones.

Rosanna Aijian said...

Penelope misses you a lot, but Anastasia thinks life on the Central Coast is far more her taste. She likes being near Peets.