Monday, December 17, 2007

Shelley and Mark, Olvera Street Engagement Session

Shelley and Mark had their first date here, right on Olvera Street! Shelley grew up in Peru, so Mark wanted to show her the flair and culture in LA so she'd want to stay forever :) It was part of his game plan. Make sure Shelley doesn't move back to the jungles. Well, his plan worked, and they showed me each special place that they went on their first date a year ago. Surprisingly in my LA adventures I had never been to Olvera Street or Union Station, so it was fun for me to get my own personal tour guides!

Oh, so they're getting married THIS FRIDAY!
The whole time we were taking the photos this weekend I'd say, how many dayyyyyys? and they got super excited and told me SIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait for their wedding. These are two beautiful people, and I'm glad to know them. :)
this is right outside their first-date restaurant
our conveyor belt series.
aww, glowing.this is my tribute to Caravaggio.
the light just seeped into Union Station.
i LOVE the drama! ,
aww :)
only four days guys! four days!stairs! to! nowhere!I asked Mark when he knew he wanted to marry Shelley. Well, I wouldn't say it was love at first sight, but lets just say... I couldn't breathe the first time I met her. Can we all stop and fan ourselves? That's adorable.
they gained big points by taking me out to an authentic Guatemalan coffee shop after our session. It was incredible! (BIG points.)this is in the back of the little shop. see? concrete jungles can be beautiful too.

see you guys again on Friday :)
good luck with everything this week,
and thanks for showing me more of LA.
I loved it.
- Shannon

8 comments:

Ellen said...

I love all the colors in the background!!! Beautiful, Shan!

blythe said...

another beautiful couple, and another beautiful set of photos! nice.

MK Reynolds said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwww
:)

Sethicus said...

Awesome!! I love Mark... and I'm sure I'd love Shelley too if I'd met her. But they are definitely a great couple and your shots definitely reflect that!!

Heather Leith said...

the spanish club is visiting olvera street...thought you'd like to know...


...???

Anonymous said...

i love the old man walking in front of them, it is awesome!

Anonymous said...

i want to be proposed to at olvera st. so romantic. hint hint... shannon i think it's time we get married.

ps. the single '!' for the old man blocking the picture is genius.

Shannon said...

blaire, if you're in I'm in.

(?)