Sunday, December 23, 2007

Hollie and Eli in Pasadena

I got to photograph one of my dearest friends, Hollie :)
This engagement session was such a delight, because her fiance has been in Africa for the past 6 months, and he's BACK!!!

Hollie was my roommate this semester, and I basically only knew Eli through their phone conversations and letters... and it was so good to hang out with him in person. He's so perfect for my friend. I fully fully fully approve. I'm so excited for them!!

I don't get to shoot their April wedding because I get to be the maid-of-honor instead!! I've never been IN a wedding before. Not even as the flower girl! It's going to be such a blast being on the other side of a wedding. I'm looking forward to it.

So, we went to Pasadena for their photos. I loved it.

I want to start out with my favorite one.
a little yellow patch
what I love about this session is that they just rocked out whatever suggestions I gave them. i love when people trust my quirky ideas. because then we get fun images like this >
a nice mom portrait
smile
when I told them to 'go over by that hideous purple wall', they-
This was one of the cutest engagement session moments I've seen. Hollie does Karate, and Eli is a dancer. I know. I know. We passed by a dance studio, and Eli took her in there and taught her the rumba!!!!!!!!!! I think it was the rumba (?).
Why does every business in Pasadena uses the typeface Brush Script?secret
adorablehilARIOUS!!!!and another one of my favorites. :)
glowing.
Pasadena is setting up for the Rose Parade-- so we utilized the bleachers!
aww :)

hollie and eli, your relationship is beautiful and I can't wait for the rollerskating party... the barn dance... everything.

love you two :)
- shan

3 comments:

Hollie Shannon said...

Shan.
these photos are such a gift!
T H A N K Y O U ! ! !

i'm so happy right now :)

loveyousomuch.

Ellen said...

I LOVE THESE PHOTOS>>>>

Anonymous said...

Hi Hollie!

Great photos, Shan :)