Friday, November 23, 2007

Vancouver, BC day three.


my day started with coffee, like usual, but today's had an AMAZING CUP!! man ALIVE. look at that rad handle. this hotel we're at has the best coffee presentation i've...ever seen. i had to show you. :)
here's a quintessential Canadian chandelier and here are some weird photos from last night that we took while waiting for our shuttle back to the hotel, which NEVER CAME. I have no idea what Carson is doing in this photo, but I love thinking about it. Caption ideas? eh?
Another awkward moment that makes me laugh.
the boys. we figured out that our breath was photographable. look at the accidental but wonderful breath border.
Now, here are some special photos of my mom. We got to watch my parents speak tonight, and the whole time I couldn't help but notice that she completely blended in with the wallpaper and curtains behind her. Garden State memories, anyone?
lets all take off our photo-analyzing hats, because in terms of lighting, these photos are terrible. BUT. In terms of PRECIOUSNESS... they win big big points.what I love about my mom is that she can laugh at this. :)here's that scene from the film Garden State that i was envisioning. this, to me, is one of the funniest things in life. does anyone else get a kick out of things like this?
Here's another Stephanie and Shannon Classic.
Stephanie's trip to visit me in California the first year I moved...
and we thought burying me would be fun.


dessert time. :)
my favorite time of day, i think.

6 comments:

Riley Kimball said...

Love the coffee presentation. Makes me want some coffee... Ok going to get some coffee. mmmmm

Anonymous said...

your mom is hilarious!

the first thing i thought of when i saw that photo was garden state

good thing you posted that photo of you at the beach, 'cause i wouldn't have believed it without seeing it :)

Shannon said...

ha, yeah, shannon at the beach: a rare sighting.

blythe said...

OK, your mom is hilarious. those are my new favorite pictures ever.
and i was JUST telling someone on sunday that my favorite part of garden state is that part!!!

we arrrre friends.

blythe said...

ALSO: rock candy as a stir stick/sweetening device for coffee???? brilliant. i'll put in a suggestion at peet's.

Teri said...

totally thought of garden state when i saw these pictures! hilarious... that screen shot cracks me up everytime. glad to see another garden state fan.

and congrats on your one year blog anniversary with the thousands of visitors!! whoops, i think i'm commenting off topic. ;)