Sunday, November 18, 2007

Chinatown ...another epic field trip turned photo shoot.

My Contemporary Art class went to Chinatown to look at art galleries.
#1, I never knew Chinatown HAD art galleries
and #2, how GOOD is Chinese food? oh MAN.


#3, how beautiful is my friend Megan?
(she's also one of my brides! her wedding's this summer)
this is kind of hard to explain, but this mint-green amazingness is in an abandoned part of a warehouse that one of the studios was in. it was a long hallway with about 10 rooms, all completely mint-green. entirely. (heaven!)
ooo then there were these weird milky tiles.
this is looking from the abandoned part into the occupied studio part.
after the mint-green fiesta we headed to the main area of Chinatown, and I don't think I can explain how much I liked the shadows on the ground from the lanterns.
Megan and I decided we wanted to do her engagement session here, which I am beyond excited about! So much color!! Here's our little practice. We're going to do her photos in a few weeks so sit tight in great, great anticipation.
WE GOT AMAZING CAKE! mine was.... can you guess?
coffee. can't go wrong with coffee flavored cake from chinatownnow here's my friend Kevin, who clearly
is having some sort of, hand problem?
Jamie (who was also on the ChuckECheese field trip) and Kevin.
turns out, Jamie's one of my new favorite people to photograph.
especially because I said, awww i wish someone was wearing all teallllllllll. and then she was. jamie i hope you don't hate me for posting this photo. i love it. i think you look beautiful. its a moment that is really only capturable through a photo. thats why i think its so interesting to me, you know?
OH my floating hair.
And, just to remind you that Megan is engaged,

boom.



i put it in the hoop like
SLAM.
i heard the crown screamin out
JAM.
jam!
thats why
i am tellin you the
FACTS.
and thats how i beat
shaq.


i debated for 10 minutes whether to post my outburst of aaron carter, and... it stays.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am so thankful that i don't know who/what aaron carter is...

cool photos of chinatown!

Heather Leith said...

brady, seriously??

i was not expecting that outbuts from shannon leith. but i appreciate it nonetheless.

oh, and it's "i hear the CROWD" and "I SWEAR that i'm tellin you the facts."

but other than that, love it.

Anonymous said...

haha, i just looked him up on wikipedia, so i guess i know who aaron carter is now :)

Anonymous said...

"Carter was born at the Tampa General Hospital in Tampa, Florida,[3] where his parents ran the Garden Villa Retirement Home, the family was originally from upstate New York,[4] where his brother, Nick, was born."

Oooh, I'm from Upstate New York!

Ellen said...

Ha ha!

Brady, I think you are better off not knowing who Aaron Carter is.

Heather, there is a sweet picture of you and Shan on my blog.

Shannon, thanks for the burst of song. And these are some awesome photos. I LOVE TEAL>>>

blythe said...

A.C.


THIS is why you're my best friend.

absolutely entirely devastatingly amazing.

Shannon said...

yeah, brade- the only reason i know Aaron Carter is because his CD was one of 5 that we had on a roadtrip to San Francisco 4 years ago. Aaron is... not worth your time though. i respect you more for NOT knowing him.
:)

Hey hi Libby!!

Hey hi Blx!

blythe said...

still love the aaron carter reference. that songggg

follows me around in every chapter of my life.

seriously.