Monday, October 29, 2007

The Traumatic T Party {I'M BACK!)

well hello hello! :)
I am back, I am well-reseted, rejuvenated, and excited to get back to sharing photos and thoughts with you.

I must say, it was hard to not blog for a week. Because I LOVE IT!!! :) Man alive. There are so many things in each day that are amazing, and I love recording them here.

Apparently it was hard for you guys too, because I got a few emails saying things like: are you done being overwhelmed yet shannon?? and: i hope your day is going great and that you are RESTED because I miss your blog a LOT! (from my Grandma!)

So, here I am, alive and well, and to keep with the overarching theme of art in everyday life, I will tell you about today.

My roommates and I invited our downstairs
neighbors to a T Party at our place.

TMonday at Tnine o'clock.

The boys came looking absolutely perfect.
a glimpse of our bounty,
which included T-shaped butter
our brilliant neighbors brought a tambourine, a tiger striped hat, a trombone, ties, and they even talked in T-words all night.
Jeff won the tictactoe contest and
received a tomato as his prize,
and while celebrating his big win, ellen said-- hey I wonder how Jack Buchanan {her goldfish} is doing! I hope he's not dead. We looked into the fishbowl, and... he was. He WAS.
Immediately, the T Party transitioned into a fueneral for the beloved Jack-- who had been el's pet for 4 years. The boys quickly ran downstairs to get thier instruments of mourning:
Hollie was a wailer
and Rachel helped dig a hole.the whole evening was both exciting and traumatic. i contemplated taking another week off to grieve, but I'll push through this time.



lets all let out a collective sigh.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

hooray for T parties

leaving for the airport now... see you soonish :)

Anonymous said...

That has got to be the most utterly hilarious par-T I have ever seen. So glad you're pushing through your grief and returning to your blog empire. Your public needs you.
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

To The Thought of The T Thing,
Thats Too Tough To Think Through. Too Tragic! Take Time for Tears. Things Totally Turnaround. This Time Tomorrow Tears Tripple to a Termination!

Ta Ta,

Grandma

Anonymous said...

To The Thought of The T Thing,
Thats Too Tough To Think Through. Too Tragic! Take Time for Tears. Things Totally Turnaround. This Time Tomorrow Tears Tripple to a Termination!

Ta Ta,

Grandma

Anonymous said...

Opps, how did I get in there Twice?
Grandma

Hollie Shannon said...

#1. your grandmother and I have closely knit fascination with words and this whole alliteration thing.

#2. I was going to point out some of the other T things you didn't talk about... but then I realized that could last all night again.

#3. I do have to mention that you forgot the clincher: the word of the day, which so terrifically ties the two events of the evening together, was TERMINUS... Jack Buchanen, may he rest in peace, died to the sound of a 'T' word... what a trip.

love you.

Ellen said...

This post will help me heal. Thanks for the kind words, Shannon, and a shoulder to cry on.

:)

Heather Leith said...

did you serve tea?

cause thats just a pun in itself.

or maybe that's lame?

yeah. you were more creative, i bet.

MK Reynolds said...

hurray! You're back! :D
MKR