Monday, October 1, 2007

Cathedral of our Lady of the Angels + Space class

I'm in a class called the Theology of Space.
I've spent the past 10 minutes trying to figure out how to explain this class in 1 sentence so that it makes sense to all of you mysterious blog readers, but I'm not quite sure it's possible.

Here's a try:
the class is an exploration into the physical space we live in, and we're looking at how spaces form and shape our worldview.

We went on a field trip to LA to look at the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels (what a mouthful!) and the Disney Concert Hall in order to check out the way they used space in their architecture.

Here's the Cathedral.
A few different views.
one of the cool things about this place:
it's all asymmetrical!
(not normal for a Catholic church!)
oooooooooooooo.
i didn't notice that i took essentially the same picture
two different times: of things that were complete opposites.
title: 'EXIT'
a nice place to be a chair
the angel, plus LA traffic
this has to be one of THE most awkwardly framed photos i've ever taken. Christy-- I know you can handle being the person who happens to be IN it :) Just so you all know, Christy is very lovely and graceful and totally not-awkward.
a study----------
the Disney Concert Hall + the Cathedral.the concert hall is obviously one biggg reflector.
we had fun with it!!
Here's me as a spiral and my bud Kev.Jon-- our professor, and Lauren Kevin and Kat (Kat is my neighbor!)
I hope I don't fail the class for posting this one.
Just to be fair, here's a completely
unflattering one of me too. :)
look look look!!
i love this one.
it feels like a dream
---> when I was in the parking structure getting in my car to go home-- I saw all these arrows on the ground which reminded me of our class syllabus which had arrows allll over it. <---
a different view of the same thing.

and that's it!



5 comments:

Heather Leith said...

ooh, i love the dream one.

lovelovelove.

it would make a great blog header.

life is a dream...
but my blog is reality.

Shannon said...

heath you crack me up!

:)

Anonymous said...

My personal favorite is the unflattering one of you sitting down reflected in the wall. It's hilarious!!!! I love that you post things like that. You make me chuckle.

Love, Your Mother Who Never Comments On Your Blog But Who Loves It

MK Reynolds said...

these pictures are amazing!
Mary Kate Reynolds

Shannon said...

ha, glad i can make you laugh mom ;) i figure, if i post other people in awkward situations... might as well join in on the fun


hey Mary Kate!! glad you like them! We should do a photo shoot of your family some time.