Sunday, July 1, 2007

Our First RV Trip

My family, plus Nate, drove a whole 20 miles to San Onofre beach!
Yup, we had never been camping before.
Our lack of experience added to the loveliness of the trip.
Theeggsarefallingoutofthepan!!
-- I think that's because the RV isn't level
Oh.

Anyway.
It started out with Nate and I taking 3 hours to get there.
It should have taken 30 minutes, we hear.But... with silly things like shoes on powerlines, and finding those fun white aviators in my brother's car to pretend like we were cool in, we just had to take our time getting down to meet up with my family!We got there, and Jason (mr. I have 2 pairs of white glasses) looked classically trailer-trashed. Bandana, tank top, no smile... he had it all.He got creative with that lantern when it got dark...He's the other artist in the family.
Light Art!Oh wait, here's Carson's fire and smoke-art.My dad and I are the coffee lovers.
We brought the french-press, but no cups.
Thus, drinking it out of styrofoam bowls :)My sweet sister. So quirky and cool. (I guarantee you she'll have a full review by Wednesday when they get back).Oh RV's... where walls are made of curtains...Here's the whole family. Well, minus Jason. That's why he got a few extra up there. (He had to leave for work in the morning)Ryan was too cool to eat ice cream (he wanted Golden Spoon. We chose Cold Stone, the clearly superior choice), so he just sat and looked tough.wooo-hoo!!! headbands!And a bubble gum machine to make you smile
___________________________
bytheway.
We now have decided...
we like hotels.

just teasing.
it ruled.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11 comments:

Ellen said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Shannon.

The end.

Shannon said...

HI EL!
i was in trop today helpin rachel move, and thought of our future bliss. WOOOO!!

blythe said...

i love your family so much it makes my heart swell and burst!

David T. Ulrich said...

i especially like the one where heather is poking her head out of the curtain.

super fun.

Mel East said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ellen said...

Shan,

Speaking of our apt, I just bought some delicious bookshelves for the living room at Ikea.

AHHHH.

P.S. You are a vision in aviators.

Loves you!

Shannon said...

BOOKSHELVES??? ahh! hurray! wow. i have... my orange chair to contribute? and my love for you???

!!!

Heather Leith said...

i am SO delusional in that curtain picture...and my head is oddly shaped.

the pictures you take of our whole family make my heart swell up with joy as well. i am not sure if i can top this post, for i do not have amazing pictures.

Shannon said...

heath, for crying out loud-- you have a beautiful head.

glad you like the photos! glad you swiped em, too!

Cameron Ingalls said...

you are cool!

Tia Oshields said...

Oh? It was your first camping trip, and you guys are using an RV? Sounds like an excellent adventure! It can be fun, doing unexpected, spontaneous trips. It's like an adventure!