Thursday, June 14, 2007

Vanilla Coke Photoshoot

Have you seen, experienced, tasted the new Coke?
Coke Vanilla? (Vanilla Coke?)

The graphic designer I work for, Ty Mattson (his new website is coming soon), designed it!

Yesterday we got to go up to LA to get it photographed by this great product photographer, Toby Pederson.
WHO KNEW that taking photos of cans of coke would take ten hours?
(this is the reject section. they had to be clean clean clean with no scratches or scuffs to be in the photos)Who knew that it would take 7...8... sometimes NINE lights to light it?
We had some at lunch
and its really good! Sweet, but good.

Here are my takeaways:

:: My calling is definitely not in product photography.
I am not meticulous enough to spend 10 hours on 3 shots. 2 millimeters to the left! No. I told Ty that if it was me photographing this, I'd put it outside on the grass, take some shots, and be done in about 5 minutes.

:: Chase your vision, not the money
I read that in one of the thousands of magazines I read

:: When you find the perfect can of coke for the shot, its called the hero!

:: I like coffee
I drank four cups

:: The furniture store next door has comfortable couches

No comments: