Tuesday, June 26, 2007

my inspiration-eers >> those i think are brill-iante

My favorite photographers are those that love to see, experience and explore life. Some people are camera-attached and obsessed... and from my perception, these people love life and people more than their photos. I love that.

If you'd like to be inspired, if you'd like to see glimpses of life through some brilliant eyes, check out these six wonders. Plan? (note: these are their photos. Not mine.)

My all time favorite, the ultimate brill-iante, is Jesh de Rox. Inspiring is an understatement. His work will make you cry, possibly.
You have absolutely got to explore his website. I am a stargazing leaf.
What are you?

Ben Chrisman sees light like no other man I know. A lot of his photos connect with me. Out of all of these people, I feel like his style is closest to mine. Or, closest to what I'd like to be like.
Cameron Ingalls. His work is exploratory and oh-so centered on the people. I love his website too.

the Image is Found: Just plain cool. They are a constant explosion of ideas and energy, and it just lights up my life!
Clear and fresh. That's Jessica Claire for you. She lives right around the corner from me, and her blog is fun fun fun fun fun! I love her energy and ideas-- her new camera bag, the Shootsac rules (I want the covers called Fling and Bold), and I absolutely love her art site. You GO Jessica. Yes.
Jeff Newsom seems to see quirky and out-of-place moments, which makes me so happy. There is a sense of humor to some of his work, and I love it. He draws attention to details that are often overlooked. A high value for me, and something that takes a sensitive soul. Is it okay that I pin a man as sensitive? Jeff? Are you?

There they are! Those that make my eyes see new things. Which, in my perspective, is the sole job of a photographer. To see and love people, to see and love the world, and to show us what they see.

Rockk on, live well, and remember that these images are not mine. ;)



11 comments:

jessie estupinan said...

Shannon,
Hi! I am one of Heather's friends, and I want to go to Biola for a photography major. I went to that site, and learned sooo much from it, and I am a Stargazing Leaf. (: If you could e-mail me your e-mail at goodiegoodie2shoe@cox.net, i could invite you to my blog, and you can tell me what i need to work on with my photography. Talk to you soon!
Jessie Estupinan <3

jessie estupinan said...

I sent you an invite to my blog..come check it out! (:

Shannon said...

Hi Jessica! I checked out your blog-- the photos of your vacation are fun! Biola is wonderful, and it's exciting that you might go there! Do it. Photography+Biola.

Mmmm.

jeffnewsom said...

Heck yeah I'm a sensative soul... hahaha... I'm in inspired that you would even mention me! Thanks. Keep rockin the photos!

jeffnewsom said...

oh yeah, I'm a 'Blessed Tiger'

Shannon said...

I'm glad you're a real live sensitive soul, Jeff. A sensitive, blessed tiger.

Whew! Quite the combo you've got goin on. You rock it.

I get jealous of your website almost every day. It rules.

Heather Leith said...

i am a dancing ladybug.

so heather leith.

Jesh de Rox said...

i'm not sensitive at all. and i don't like anybody who is sensitive, especially Jeff!!!

jesh ; )

p.s. lol, thanks for the kind words Shannon : ) beautiful blog you've got here - i love the experimentation. love to see folks exploring!

p.p.s. i'm something different every time.

Shannon said...

Yeah right, Jesh. You're sensitive. Come on now.

Thanks for your encouragement to experiment!

jeffnewsom said...

Jesh is just too sensitive to admit to being a sensitive soul. And he likes everyone who is sensitive, especially me.

Ben Chrisman said...

man, i'm late to this party. but thanks shannon for the nice words!!

ben