Friday, June 22, 2007

Here's my room (I didn't exactly clean it up for you)

Yeah, so I didn't clean it (surprise surprise, I'm not tidy), but I trust that you can sift through the semi-mess (this is nothin, actually. its usually an absolute explosion), and see the excitement of my new room!

I'm living at home for the summer in Rancho Santa Margarita. I get the glory of the only downstairs room, which used to be Americana and Cowboy themed, but is now my own little creation.
__________________________________________
First thing's first: Organic pillowcases from Target! $9.99!
I'm an organic-lover, its true. Even down to the pillows.When grass and beads are in a jar, magic happens.
the same applies to napkins inside of frames
my bathroom
the counter (so good to see counter, and not
American-flag clutter! we're Canadian for crying out loud!)
A mini creation I made a while back.
Everything is literally mini, which is wonderful.My toothbrush and perfume
my sister put all of the little pieces of color into the frames.
i think she chose the coolest things!here are my favorite books.
highlights include:
Twyla Tharp's Creative Habit
A Wrinkle in Time
by Madeleine L'Engle
Seeing by Douglas Campbell
most all are on art, faith, freedom, beauty, life, love, grace...
the pola sits hangs on its own little dealie. what are those things called... i hate when i forget obvious words.
Okay team-- THIS is the best invention I've come across in a long while. Hoots! a make-your-own canvas owl! I haven't made mine yet, probably because i like the overarching idea and the aesthetic of the unmade owl canvasses more than the idea of having an actual stuffed owl. I get quite excited about independantly owned small businesses, especially ones that sell cute crafts like this. In case you're just joining this blog and haven't heard the news, check out book journals too. they will rock your world, especially if you have a love for blank paper, and old books.

and there I will end!
decorating is therapeutic i think.

2 comments:

Hollie Shannon said...

by my clock you haven't even posted this yet!
Your room... utterly amazing. I can't wait for our room.
And I'm so excited for your genius help in wedding decorations.

I should call you soon.

ps: I do indeed work at a snowcone booth.

love

Shannon said...

oh my gosh i cant wait for our room either. IT WILL NEED A 10 PART BLOG POST!!