Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Gisele and Roy's Wedding

I got to help Kurt photograph a wedding last weekend, and had so much fun! It is always exciting to be the assistant because instead of the pressure to get all the needed shots, I get to catch all the unexpected, hidden moments. I'm always looking for those, even when I'm the main photographer, but its especially fun to have the freedom to go off and be creative!

I like quirky, fun, hilarious moments in life.
Here are few that I saw at Roy and Gisele's wedding.

{I hear those bow ties are toughies sometimes.}
Someone told me, go get pictures of THAT! she doesn't like getting her hair and makeup done!Once it was all over, you never would have known that she probably endured inner turmoil, because she truly looked beautiful. I wished I owned her dress.This is Gisele's adorable daughter!
Kurt is so much fun to work with. He's so easygoing and laid back-- and I learn a lot just by watching him.
This one seems like a painting to me.
three chairsThree more chairs.
These girls aren't triplets, but it sure seemed like it!
three bridesmaids
{you girls were rad!}How does Gisele still look so lovely even when caught by surprise?
These awesome fake firecrackers hung from the tree outside.
Color always rules!This is my favorite shot from the day. We were standing outside, waiting to go into the reception, and after those shots with the fake firecracker, I found this fountain! The few drops of water on my camera were well worth it. I don't think water messes up cameras too much. When images give off feeling, I know they are successful. That's why I like this one. Gisele MADE these fabric chopstick holders!
A woman after my own heart!
Crafts are wonderful, and I really admire
brides who make hundreds of little things.
It is so worth it!
I usually like really bright white photographs. I find myself adding blue to a lot of my photos, which takes out that orangey hue a lot of digital photos have. This one screamed for some yellow though. Subtle, I know-- but I have to start somewhere.
Huh?
The last dance had such a sweetness to it.
A beautiful new family, celebrating together.
*sigh*
weddings are so happy
and i love photographing them.


6 comments:

blythe said...

shan, that fountain shot is incredible. !!
i'm excited to be your assistant for a wedding someday when a couple pays you to have an assistant. my heart still grieves for san fran.

Shannon said...

ahhh-- yeah, we should just fly up to san fran that weekend anyway.

and you can assist me any time you want. more time with blx is always a gift.

Anonymous said...

nice light!

i like the one that you think seems like a painting :)

David T. Ulrich said...

these are the most spectacular wedding photographs ever!!

you totally captured the emotion and atmosphere of the wedding. i kind of feel like i know the bride a tiny bit.

you are so incredibly talented.

SO impressed.

Hollie Shannon said...

whoa...weddings.
you are amazing shannon. these pictures make me cry practically.

Shannon said...

brady- i love photographer's comments. who else would say nice light? ;) THANKS!

thanks david!

hol. lets start plannin yours, girl!! I am SO excited for you. wow. world: Hollie is engaged. (that's probably why these make her cry).