Monday, May 21, 2007

Explorations with Glasses and Scissors etc

My friend Brian (hi Brian!) wanted a hair transformation for graduation. A surprise for his mom. Isn't that the best present a mother could receive? I'm glad that he trusted me, since the only hair I've ever cut is my own. Oh wait! I did cut my sister's hair once. But it wasn't this drastic. I figured out a new outlet for stress in this experience. It is so soothing and fun and relaxing to just snip off little bits of hair for an hour.

He started out like this.
But look how calm I am about it all.
I mean , its just a haircut, right?Nate documented the entire event for us.
He became quite intrigued by the glasses.
Hi Nate! So, how are your tic tac toe skills coming along?
(don't worry there are about 20 more)
[they're blurry because you don't have them on, silly.]
next on the agenga:
the many faces of Brian Walton
with his stunningly amazing haircut

the AHH I didn't want it THIS short.
(he did though. this is just an exploration into the IF'S.)
the Scrunchy Face
the Subtle and Quiet
the I'm Suave Look At Me
the Genuine.


Does anyone else need a haircut?


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shan,

You have so many amazing skills!

I am amazed.

Love you!!!

El

Heather Leith said...

me! for real. i need one. when i went to the haircutters a few weeks after you cut my hair, the lady laughed and was like "well...you can definitely tell a novice did it." i was appalled. i thought it was gorgeous. this man's hair looks so AMAZINGGG.

Anonymous said...

Shannon, your haircut looks great and your photography makes it look even greater. Thanks again!

joshua said...

I'm glad to have found this blog and I hope and wish you'll dare to visit mine and take an artistic taste of my PALAVROSSAVRVS REX!

Shannon said...

haa- heather that is so funny. I thought it looked great too! She doesn't know true hair-art when she sees it. my oh my.

you're so welcome brian! stay tuned for nate's tonight! ha.

joshua-- hello! i am about to go to your blog and am excited because i like dinosaurs.

Shannon said...

okay Joshua. Here's the thing. I don't know Spanish at all.

I'm Canadian! I know French.

Hmm.

Anonymous said...

good job!

Hollie Shannon said...

Oh My Goodness... You don't understand how excited I am to live with you right now. Whenever you need some stress relief, my head is your playground.
There is little that I hate worse in this life than paying over 20 bucks for someone to take a sharp edge to my hair.
And again... Brian's hair looks Great!

-hol

Hollie Shannon said...

do you speak french?

Shannon said...

"My head is your playground"??
That is the best blog comment I have ever received.

AHH! YOU RULE!

I kind of can speak french. Okay I exaggerated a bit. But I did take 4 years or so when I lived in Vancouver, and then 2 more years in highschool. Its kind of wearing off though, since I haven't practiced in a long time and since there is no use for it here in California. YOU on the other hand, need it for PARIS!

Shannon said...

"My head is your playground"??
That is the best blog comment I have ever received.

AHH! YOU RULE!

I kind of can speak french. Okay I exaggerated a bit. But I did take 4 years or so when I lived in Vancouver, and then 2 more years in highschool. Its kind of wearing off though, since I haven't practiced in a long time and since there is no use for it here in California. YOU on the other hand, need it for PARIS!

blythe said...

holy wow this is a lot of comments.
shan, i'm proud of you, it turned out fabulous. just another thing to add to your resume.

just don't tell meagan witt (i mean maltbie), or anyone else who pays thousands and spends months getting a proper haircutting education...