Monday, May 14, 2007

Crazy Hair (are you sure?)

WOW! You should name this one CRRRRAZY HAIR.
The photographer at church today laughed when he saw this one on his lcd screen. This is NOTHIN', bud. ;) I'll gather up some of my best crazy-hairs when I am bored one day this summer. My mane can get pretty wild.

One of my favorite parts about church today was the photographers stationed around campus taking family photos for mother's day. It only made sense to try out a couple of them :) Might as well! [ha, the photos were my favorite part]

CONTEST!
Which Saddleback Church photographer rules more.
My opinion, number two.
We look like real people.
We aren't segregated by gender.
Half of us don't have our eyes closed.
Better composition
(no dead space on the sides).
Better lighting. WAYYY better lighting.

So, that was interesting to see two approaches to the typical FAMILY PHOTO. Emphasis because family photos are such a big deal most of the time. Personally, I like having families run around places like Disneyland and capturing them having a blast together. In real life. Not sitting down, awkwardly and fakely posed. You know?

Now back to my wonderful mom.
I caught this moment as we were walking into church.
This photo totally shows her fun, energetic spirit.
My mom lights up rooms as she enters them :)
This is her reaction to a risque card my dad decided to have her read out loud. Oh-- and it sang to her. I absolutely love in-motion laughing images. Especially this one!



mom:
you're lovely
i like your spirit.




9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay Shannon, I can't resist adding my editorial. First off, Daddy's card wasn't risque...it screamed at me when I opened it and scared the snot out of me! The sounds of James Brown's "I Feel Good" wasn't exactly what I was expecting when I opened my mother's day card! NEXT, thanks for showing the world a picture of me that makes my neck look like Dumbo's mother. Love that elephant wrinkle effect! ALSO, on the wild hair shot, I do believe the photographer was talking about MY hair, not yours! You have some work to do to beat my spikes. Other than that, I agree entirely with everything you said. Thanks for the awesome tribute. Love, Mom.

Shannon said...

Okay. Mom.

The card was TOTALLY risque. Now, you might not have been screaming about the risqueness, but I do recall things like "you entice me" etc.

No one except for you notices the wrinkles. I really promise you that. Everyone is jealous that you have five whole kids and look so stunning. Believe me on this. Can anyone else chime in here? Doesnt my mom look like shes wayyy too young to have 5 kids, one of them a 20 year old?

Thirdly, How do you know he was referring to yours? huh?? I think it was both! I'm kind of sensitive about crazy hair. I dont like it when people beat me.

Glad there were only a few clarifications to make.

Glad you got to set the world straight.

And there you have it.

Longest 2 comments ever.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'll give you the "you entice me" part. But that does not a TOTALLY risque card make!

I guess people wouldn't be so jealous if I had 5 partial kids. Glad I have 5 whole kids!

And, my spikes totally rule your fluff. Face it. I win.

Love, Mom.

Shannon said...

I'm going to find a lot of crazy hair pictures because like I said, this is part of me that I hold dearly. And you don't have "crazy hair" by any means. Dad even said so! He wants it crazier! LIKE MINE!! Remember that? Eh????

blythe said...

haha i love this mom to shannon bantering even more than i loved the blog!

shelley, the picture of you is beautiful. honestly. and i LOVE that card picture, risque message or not.

the crazy hair runs in the family.
love that.

Anonymous said...

Shan,

As your future apartment mate, can I meet your fam???

Loves,

Ellen

Shannon said...

El. You should come over this summer!! Dinner at the Leith's! It's always an adventure. We'll talk next week. If you want to get addicted to my sister's blog (and laugh your heart out in the process): http://heathdoggy.blogspot.com. She is an incredibly captivating writer.

Ha-- Blythe-- comment conversations could be a new form of entertainment. Eh?? (if you can't tell, I'm trying to live deeply in my Canadian roots)

Anonymous said...

YYYYIIIIPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEE!!!!

I am excited!

-Ellie

Anonymous said...

To my Canadian friends your family pics are great. Shannon I too like the second one better. Shelley you are awesome for a Mom of 5 chillins. Shannon great pictures on your blog--you are very talented. Sorry I missed seeing you when I was down--I quess I will have to come back again.
Love you guys
Sue Gibson