Thursday, May 3, 2007

Bliss in my mailbox

As I have elusively indicated, I am pretty stressed out this week.

A large paper on a Matisse painting
Make 200 images of a sparrow
Okay, I just looked at my organic calendar to see what else is stressing me out, and I guess that's all. (maybe its more than my calendar, eh?)

*sigh*

Anyway. It is so lovely when the world picks your ultimate worst days to send you mail, isn't it? I received these two beauties in my box a few days ago, and oh was I ever ecstatic!

I totally bounced the ball this evening for five minutes.
Healthy Life Choice Alert:
IT WORKED!
(i also hit myself in the face trying to
take a picture of the ball mid-bounce.)

I like to tape inspirational anythings to my wall.
(ie: the two new pieces of mail)
tip: painters tape is the best, especially the lime green kind

Things in any of these categories can be on the wall.
aesthetically lovely-wise words-hideous
funny-mandy moore's autograph-etc
its essentially just an explosion of everything that i enjoy.
for instance, this awesome old photograph that i found in a box

Summary in case you're a scroll-to-the-bottom kind of person:
++ surprise mail rules
++ walls can be transformed into fields of inspiration.
++ bounce a bouncy ball
++ write hi on a napkin to someone


thanks for reading
and enjoy whatever part of the day you are currently in.



!!!!

Shannon Leith

6 comments:

blythe said...

i love your wall.
it inspires me.
can i tape it to my wall?

Brent said...

I love Mandy Moore!

Shannon said...

yeah, print out a picture of my wall and it can be the start of your own wall. you have permission. ;)

I LOVE MANDY MOORE TOO! I MET HER AT SAMY'S CAMERA LAST YEAR IN THE STAIRWELL!!

Anonymous said...

so glad the hi napkin made your blog and your wall!

David T. Ulrich said...

wow - i am blessed to have stumbled across your blog this fine evening. i appreciate your work and enjoy your pictographs.


ps. feilds of inspiration def sounds like a great title for something. maybe you should get a book published of all your stuff and call it that.

i would read it.

Shannon said...

wow, thanks david!
you are kind.