Sunday, February 11, 2007

Sandy and Josh's Wedding

What a fun day! Wow! My first wedding as the photographer (instead of the caterer!). So many exclamation marks because I am so excited!! :)

This shot from their first dance is one of my favorites from the whole day.
The flower girl and ring bearer also doubled as amazing models:

The reception was at an Italian restaurant in Newport Beach, Villa Nova. It was such a classy place, and people danced non-stop for 3 hours!


I couldn't have asked for better first-clients. Sandy and Josh are relaxed, fun, easygoing people-- and I am so thankful they invited me to share their day with them. Also, there are so many people who helped me out. An incredibly huge thank you to Kurt Hilmerson
who came to shoot with me. I can't begin to tell you how grateful I was to have him there for support. He got some
amazing shots-- check them out!

Also, again--
thank you Brady for lighting tips, Ally for the great lens, thanks to my dad for lending me his car (mine's in the shop), Blythe lent me an extra memory card... and the list goes on!

And to Sandy and Josh, again-- you are incredible people. I loved having the opportunity to see and capture your wedding, and I think the whole day was so reflective of the fun, free-spirited people that you are. May God bless your new lives together. I am so happy for you!



Shannon Leith

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually you forgot to thank God *g*

Anyhow the photos are quite cool. But you were lucky the couple looked out of a magazine as well. I wish you more fun weddings with beautiful people but mind others get married as well LOL you shall find out.

Good luck,
Sophie
flush@arcor.de

Shannon said...

Sophie-- You're right-- I didn't mention the Lord in this post-- but I will assure you, I was asking him for help from day 1. I see all the people I mentioned as direct answers to those prayers; the graciousness of God is the mover of each part of my life, and this was no exception. I am truly thankful for God's giving me strength, life, and eyes to see what he wants me to see.

Hollie Shannon said...

Okay, wow! They love you Shannon... I bet they'll ask you to do a photo shoot of their first child now.
Also, can I just say that these are some of the most unique and amazing Wedding pictures I have ever seen?! Especially the ring bearer and flower girl... wow.

honored to know you and your talent.
love ya,
hol

blythe said...

wow, honored to be thanked at the end of this one!
glad it went well shan- the pictures look GREAT and i can't wait to see more of them!
also, i went to church in newport with monica tonight, and we totally drove by villa nova and i was like "woah, that place looks amazing." no joke. so maybe you and i can go there sometime? :)

love you!

Heather Leith said...

okay. shannon = phenomenal. it is your synonym. seriously. i dont know why you doubt you can raise money for New York. if everyone saw these, your phone would be ringing off the hook with potential clients.

Kurt Hilmerson said...

Beautiful shots, Shannon - you did such a great job! Thanks for letting me tag along with you!