Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Another lovely party by Blythe


So, Blythe had a Valentine's party, and we had a great time. It was nice to see friends that I've known for about seven years. Woah-- SEVEN YEARS. Time's a tickin. There was a gift-exchange involved, and I walked away with a gift certificate to Its A Grind. Coffee! Coffee is my love language.

I think Lindsey, Blythe and I have about 200 pictures with our Surprise! face from over the years. It's tradition.
(idea: I think I will make a blog entry that takes you on a tour from high school --> now...through the many many Surprise! poses. It's a plan.)Wow, this must have been a SPECIAL moment...
Can we sell this image to Hallmark perhaps?
I love the blurry flower the most in this shot.

The wonderful hostess that Blythe is, she even gave us goody-bags. First she has the idea to have us over for Valentines Day...then she gives us presents?? What a rock-star friend I have.

Our new thing. The Totem Pole...
I'm realizing I need a haircut, badly. Specifically those bangs-- I don't want to be seen as an angsty emo artist who never smiles and who is constantly doing the head-shake to get the bangs out of their eyes.
In other news, here's a wonderful card from Rosanna.
She makes me melt.
Ann Frances never ceases to bring redemption to holidays through her creative use of alternative materials. For this art project, all she needed was an old wedding card, some tape, and an orange marker. I don't think anyone should ever buy cards. Just find old ones, or make them. Like I said, coffee is my love-language. This is from my parents :)

And more! This one is from sweet Ellen.


Okay, love.
I love my friends so much, and enjoyed the extra burst of excitement that went into today. Why be bitter, people? You get candy and cards for crying out loud!

4 comments:

Jasmine said...

You're friends remind me of my best friends from high school! We still stay in touch, and usually have a V-day party, but this year we're all in different locations :( Glad to see you had fun! :)

Heather Leith said...

I love the background for the Nemo card...the photo projector! So amazing! And I really love the background for Rosanna's card. You make simple pictures so RAD!

I can't wait for the "Surprise Pictures Over the Years" post!

blythe said...

confirmation that your new lens is amazing. wow. envy.
glad you came, glad you had fun, most of all...glad you included it in your blog. !!

love you.

Jill Higgins said...

So much fun - and I love the shots! Great details! I like your business cards too! :) ++