Friday, April 3, 2009

day 5! ::::::: one step {polaroid installation}



"I dont mean to criticize, Mother, but there's something wrong with it."
"With what, child?"
"The way Sister Mariana looks out the window at the flowers, and the way she enjoys that orange."
"Well?"
"She enjoys it too much."
Mariana's mouth was full of juicy pulp.
"Aren't we supposed to?


MADELEINE L'ENGLE
Glimpses of Grace

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////

ending with Madeleine L'Engle was special to me, because she's my favorite, especially because we share a birthday. i love Madeleine L'Engle.

in celebration of enjoying life, day five was a polaroid give-away! i taped a few hundred to the wall for people to take and keep. i put them on the back wall of the gallery so it was kind of a surprise, and i found that some people didn't even read the little sign that said "please take one", and were horrified that people would rip one off the wall and walk out of the room. ha! so many available social experiements. love it.
PLEASE TAKE ONE >>> choose your favorite and its yours to keep (only one! please let everyone enjoy)






i went in there a few times and really loved hearing what people liked about the ones they chose. other people's interpretations on blurs of light were so, enlightening.


this one's a Carravagio!
it reminds me of mold

and here's what was left after the harvest,

there are about 20 left, and i want to give one to
you
!



email me (shannon@shannonleith.com) with your address, and i will mail you one! only to the first 20 though, so hurry!

hoping to spice up your mailbox....!
------------- shannon


5 comments:

MITSTUDIO said...

Yes, please.
I'd love one.
Fun following your days...

Allison said...

Shannon,
You are incredible! I'm so sad that your installation was the same week as PDYM, I would have LOVED to come support you...
Keep it up!

brady said...

thisoneismyfavorite!

goodjob!

Heather Leith said...

me me me me!
i want one,
or 20.

Nick Taylor said...

Hey Shannon, I'm Nick, Blythe's friend, and I wanted to let you know that I REALLY enjoyed this project of yours just now, going through the whole thing. Mmmmm yahoooooo!!!