Thursday, January 8, 2009

discoveries that will make your day ten thousand times better



here are a few simple things that literally make my days sing.

for me, i've realized that life is more fun if the little things in life are valued, like---- using good shampoo, eating off of lovely dishes every day, and keeping my paperclips in a glass jar instead of the ugly paper box with bad design.

here are a few of those little, simple things that i love,
i'd submit that they've literally changed my life,
and yes, made each day TEN THOUSAND TIMES BETTER!



#1. straws. oh, straws. ever since i started using them i all of a sudden drink millions of glasses of water per day. i even put a straw in my nalgene. insta-hydration! making water-drinking fun 2009!
philosophy's 'the present'. ladies, i use this every morning and it is the best makeup-base, primer, amazingness ever. it smells like lavendar, so i feel like i transported myself to a day-spa every morning. start it off right, i say. and basically everything from this brand, Philosophy, is incredible. especially their wit.
embroidery floss! life-changer. i wrap every single gift with a bow of colored string, i use it to spice up my life, and i usually have some in my purse and in my car, just in case
the milk frother!!!!!!!! since there is no Peets within 25 miles of my apartment, my roommate and i have taken extreme measures and have chosen to bypass the empire of starbucks and make our own coffee-beauty each morning. this frother is what makes it all amazing: we froth cold milk in the cup first, add some french-pressed coffee from Peets, top it with a little cinnamon or maybe some caramel sauce, stir a little bit, and enjoy! this contraption can be purchased on amazon by clicking here. prepare to never buy cups of coffee, again.
Peter Thomas Roth's Botanical Buffing Beads. ie: an awesome exfoliator. i love it because i have sensitive skin and it is absolutely perfect for me. its gentle, smells great, and makes my skin shine. but dont judge me if i have zits. because i do.
Spray Dirt. this stuff makes the morning easy and unpredictable because i spray it in and have instantaneous fun hair. clearly i love hair and face products. in fact, i'm obsessed.
lastly, these blank journals contain all of my thoughts about the world, all of my lists, all of my school notes, all of my business ideas, everything! i keep it simple by just having my entire life flow sequentially through these books---- it just works for me that way. i lose things easily, and this method keeps me organized. quotes that i hear and love, notes from a book i'm reading, websites i want to visit, someone's contact information: everything! love it. AND... you can paint on them, label them with green tape, and they have blank pages to ensure full maximized creative potential. perf.


:)
anything that has changed your life that you want to share?



--------------------- shannon

4 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

You're fabulous.
Should we meet? I mean: We should meet!! Can I buy you a cup of coffee? Breakfast? A drink?
Let me know
I think you are great!

Anonymous said...

Julie,
Obviously, you need to be buying Shannon a cup of Peets (with straw) at a day spa. Duh.
Shannon's Mom.

Anonymous said...

you are just so much fun :) Those little black books are SO great! I love lists... and journals... and thoughts... and straws (not so much water but maybe that will help!!) Thanks for sharing!

Calvin said...

I like blank books! :) I got one at Barnes & Nobles on sale for two dollars when the original price was twelve! :):):):) Very happy Jane that day!