Saturday, November 29, 2008

my birthday, and madeleine l'engle's------------

i am twenty two today!
22
22
22
22
22
22
22
22
22

madeleine l'engle was also born on november 29th, which is one of my favorite things about the day since she's my favorite author. she was my favorite even before i found out we shared our birthday.... so now i'm convinced that we're soulmates.

in celebration of today, here are some things that i think are rad.

my typewriter
which also represents vintage shops. love them.
the green-tape measuring wall in my apartment. which also represents my roommates. madison and i are the tall ones (5'10"), danika and ro are not-so-tall (5'3" maybe?) this is a completely accurate measuring. crazy, huh! i love these girls!!
me and all my tape in my art studio at school (last year). i like green tape, yellow drywall tape (go to home depot and buy some--- it has the coolest texture!), masking tape, skinny masking tape, all tape! it's my favorite! and!!!!!! this photo also represents my favorite item of clothing: my griffith observatory haley's comet shirt from 1986, the year i was born. i love planetariums. i love this shirt. and art.

so, i've been doing fun shannon-things today, like drinking a lot of coffee and going to yoga and going grocery shopping and hanging out with my family and friends. it's awesome to have my birthday on a holiday weekend! woooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a highlight from this morning: coming home from my yoga class to the BEST breakfast ever made by my family. i think they bought out the entire trader joes. >>>>>>>>> scones, berries, coffee, juice, eggs, muffins, more berries, more fruit, amazingness, love, joy, happiness............

ahh! it was the best. and then my mom, sister, grandma and i went shopping at Whole Foods: the disneyland of grocery stores. a perfect day! and it's not even done! and of course, the 30 messages on facebook have been fun, and the phone calls have totally made my day! thank you, so much, for making today lovely, everyone. :)


22! yes!!
shannon

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad your birthday is going great :)

your observatory shirt is awesome!!!

Julie Hibbard said...

Happy Birthday!! I love scones, berries, coffee and The Little Prince. I love your blog...
Love your photography!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday darling. 22 is fabulous! and it only gets better from here :-)

Ronnie Ruiz said...

HAPPY BELATED B-DAY!! (i'm only one day late-forgive me :)

Hollie Shannon said...

there are multiple homemade goodies waiting for you at my apartment... happy happy day.