Monday, November 10, 2008

changing it up: photoshoot of----------me


I just had one of the most fun days of my life, I think.


I needed some new photos of myself.
The one at the top of this blog in that grey vest is more than a year old... and I needed some SPICE!

My friend Samuel Lippke did a photoshoot of me today, and I left the shoot absolutely glowing. It rocked my world in so many ways.

• first of all, know that i went into the shoot feeling completely nervous because i didn't like my bangs. i know. lame. but----

• the stylist Ann was incredible and did exactly, perfectly what i envisioned and made the bangs look normal, even though they have a random 1" piece underneath that was a mistake.

• Samuel had me climbing on top of buildings and standing on little skinny railings for some of the shots and i felt like i was a model. because that's what models do. right?

• i loved having someone else come up with ideas. so freeing!

• we did them in long beach and Samuel found the coolest locations---- loved it.

• Samuel climbed on top of a basketball hoop to get some of the photos. hello, rockstar! please go hire him instead of me: samuellippke.com


the rest of the photos will come later---
but for now here are a few of the polaroids he took:

I'd also like to thank Taylor, amazing Nordstrom girl,
and the Open Sesame owner, who gave me free pita and tabouleh at his restaurant after the shoot.


Today ruled. :)

Shan

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WE WANT MORE!
GIVE US MORE!

Mom

Anonymous said...

pretty!

Margaret said...

I loved those pictures! I'm so happy yesterday was such a wonderful day for you:)

Hollie Shannon said...

I love you.

Jennifer of VanSuydam Photographers said...

Okay, I checked out his blog. He's, like, gorgeous. It's kind of creepy and funny that knowing somebody's attractive makes you want to follow heir blog more, hahaha.