Tuesday, February 26, 2008

my dishes.

I am a dish collector*/////////

I love eating on eclectic platters

matching my plate with my mood

getting takeout and eating it with a
real fork on a real plate

drinking with cutely unique glasses

and having a different mug
for every cup of coffee i drink during the week

no special occasions are necessary
to be able to use the,,,, GOOD dishes
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

these rainbow little guys are some of my favorite.
they're perfect for eating a cookie fresh out of the oven
which we have here at my apartment almost nightly.
hot cookies on a real plate with a real spoon
and usually with caramel and cool whip on top.
here's our whole collection.


on a mission to make eating fun!,
shannon



*i am only a dish collector thanks to my mom, who is a gem and gives me amazing thrift-store dishes for my birthday, christmas, everything! and my friends blythe and denise have contributed to the collection. thank you thank you thank you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i see my mug.

Rebecca said...

i love those little rainbow platters/cookie plates! where can i find some like that? are you just that lucky at thrift stores???

Shannon said...

rebecca-- 5 of them are from tj maxx, and 5 of them were given to me as a gift.

tj maxx, marshalls... all those places are excellent places to search for fun dishes!

Marlin Munoz said...

I don't like dishes that all match! I love your collection!

www.ruthiauda.com/blog said...

i have that white Pyrex mug with the green flowers. I love it!