Friday, February 8, 2008

ashley and joa's We're In Love! session

Ashley and Joa are the first to hire me without being engaged.

They wanted photos just for fun,
because they're in love.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

which i, of course, thought was amazing and wonderful and i was totally up for it.

So to all of you who have commented and emailed that you can't wait to get engaged so you can get some rad photographs, let this free you up: you can have photos of your life as it is right now!

To add excitement to our day, it rained on us! Rain is always a photo enhancer. In my mind, it's never a reason to cancel a session. Rain adds texture and drama and beauty. AND-- Ashley and Joa are both from Chicago, so it gave them a taste of home. It was perfect.

Now onto what you're really here to see,
ta-da!
We went to downtown Fullerton and hung out under a lot of awnings. I was more than glad that Ashley completely rocked a dress AND boots in the rain. This, my friends, is my kind of girl.
Joa lives in Chicago, and Ashley is finishing up school here at Biola. Another reason for the photos was to help ease the long-distanceness....iiiiiiiii like this one.
Ashley and I got pretty cold, so we came back to Tropicana to warm up a bit and then did a few more in my all-teal wonderland---------
i think we had more fun in the alleyway of Trop than anything else!
i think i've had a vision to do a photo session here from day one of moving in.
////////////////////////// we took a few of these too
hurray hurray hurray

to the interested public,

if you want a We're In LOVE! session, they're $350 and include a $50 print credit and the CD of your edited photos. email me to book a time-- my Saturdays are filling up fast though! shannon@shannonleith.com.


Ashley and Joa, my courageous friends,
our time in the rain was lovely.
thanks for embracing it. :)

love to all during the month of love,
shannon leith

2 comments:

blythe said...

i like her style. !

Ellen said...

1. I love this We're In Love! idea!

2. I love love love the last poly.

Great work, Shan!