Monday, November 26, 2007

People are Better than Trees: Canada day something.

Its day something because I kind of forget what day I'm on, since I'm now back in my Tropicana apartment, and I haven't been consistent in my whole day 1 day 2 day 3 thing.

so.
here are some more photos i like from our trip!
and thank you Donny Hoover for my new mantra: people are better than trees. as much as i like trees, they definitely don't have much personality to capture.

trees would never do THIS.
ohh brothers.
trees would never drink iced coffee in sub zero weather.
my sister, time and time again, is adorable.
i cant tell you how much i appreciate her freeness. (freeness?)
and here's the whole family! although i prefer real life photos to the classic stand in front of the christmas tree shot, i think this photo of us is cute. i love how tall we are. heather's the shortest i think and she's 5'8". i think.
heath and i got to speak with my mom when she talked about being a mom. here she is doing her part of it!
and here they are! my parents telling the world about marriage. if you're interested, they speak with Family Life. click for more info. To my engaged couples: you can go too! It's a great conference!!
i like how my mom still KIND OF blends in. ;)
Ryan being his intense self.
and here are my tree photos. i realized when we were halfway down the mountain from Whistler that I hardly took any photos. Really-- what I posted on here was basically the highlights. I don't have many more that I'm hiding away. So, I snapped some tree photos on the way down, to prove that yes, I WAS in Canada... but Donny Hoover is right. People are better than trees. Aren't the people ones a hundred times more interesting?i took them while we drove, and i love how this one came out. so tense and creepy, eh? eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh?
i didn't like the bottom of this one (it was just black.) and cropping it like this made me want to do so a lot more panoramics. mm.

so that's about it.
it was a great family trip!
i think my favorite part was the THREE spas that were outside.
sitting in a spa in the middle of the snow was fun.
and i liked our meals. whistler has GOOD food.
especially with the seven of us taking over the restaurants.
i loved it. :)

4 comments:

NoBadDaysCourtney said...

I stinking love your family...thanks for taking us along the journey of a Leith family trip to Canada.

Anonymous said...

i'm basically famous now.

blythe said...

i love the leiths.

MK Reynolds said...

yay
yay
yay
happy blog checkity :) :) :)