Tuesday, October 16, 2007

San Francisco with Blythe

After the wedding this weekend Blythe and I took a day off to hang out in San Francisco.

She explains the whole trip really REALLY well on her blog.
She's an english major.
I'm an art major.
So, I'm going to let her strengths shine and send you to her blog to read the commentary: go right here!

My explanation is simple and sweet.
We explored San Francisco!
We ran around, ate great food, and took some fun photos.

Blythe is one of the most unique, lovely people I know.
Who else could pull off a map shirt AND a map purse???
who else could be as musically savvy as the girl who goes into Aomeba and comes out 5 minutes later with a Beirut CD (ie: amazing ACCORDIAN MUSIC!)?
Two women on the bus were intrigued by her map purse and shirt and showed her every country they'd been to. It was one of the sweetest moments I've ever seen.
Meanwhile, I was being thrown around like a ping pong ball in the midst of a million bus-riders. Clearly I don't have good balance.
Talking on the phone WHILE riding the bus WHILE drinking iced coffee WHILE standing up didn't help. I fell into this guy about 10 times. He stayed cool though. He stayed cool.this reminded me of my fruit project!
these lamas were for sale:every time I go to San Francisco I love visiting Haight Ashbury. Hippie town extaordinairre. Its wonderful. Allll the organic Mediterranean food and fair-trade espresso you could ever want. Blythe and I had fun in front of this nice orange wall.
yess for the vest.
have you been to Haight?
have you been to the used bookstore there?
its PACKED, and the old woman who owns it is so funny.
BLXEY! :)

now if you didn't read all about our trip on her blog, here's your last chance. go right here!

Blx I loved hanging out with you!
thanks for being a wonderful second shooter, assistant, travel buddy, Peets-getter, organizer, navigator, etc.

:)

4 comments:

blythe said...

best weekend ever. seriously.
i'll second shoot any destination wedding with you anytime.

Hollie Shannon said...

epic.

Annie Smith said...

YES! I HAVE BEEN TO THAT BOOKSTORE... AND I LOVVVE IT!!!

Anonymous said...

i love your pictures
i'm doing an essay of my passion for a high school english class and i just clicked on your site.
i think it totally rocks!
i love how i can tell you really have fun with photography and art. your pictures aren't forced or unreal they are just really happy and inspirational.