Sunday, September 23, 2007

my dad's FIFTY TODAY!

here are some photos from his surprise birthday party my mom threw him a few weeks ago.

He had the best surprise face!
haa. i love my sister!
THIS IS MY DAD'S COLLEGE ROOMMATE!!! Jeff!
El and Hol-- fiftieth birthday attendees? promise??
Retelling the story of the time Jeff put a cat in my
dad's bed to try and cure him of his cat-phobia.
my rad brothers.
i cant get the underline to go away.
they were in charge of the music.
and here's my beautiful mom
who planned the entire thing :)
she thought of everything, down to the water spray fans and sunscreen since it was going to be the hottest day of the year. (this was a few weeks ago, for the Californians who are currently experiencing our BIG INCREDIBLE STORM, which is really drizzle.) (underline, why do you like me so much??)they're in Hawaii right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i hope they're not reading this,
and lying (laying?) on the sand instead.


and I'm at home, about to experience our new hot tub, which i am beyond excited about. hot tubs rock my world.


dad, enjoy soaking in the sun, your favorite thing, on the day you were born. i wish we could have coffee together in the morning! or italian food for dinner!!

ahh!
when you get back

6 comments:

Ellen said...

Promise, promise, promise!

Have fun in the hot tub!

Heather Leith said...

wow, i'm lovin' my double chin...

AND the boys picture. it is so great.

good thing you posted this...i totally forgot it was his birthday...

oops. sorry dad, i still love you.

Anonymous said...

it was fun to cruise through your site. nice work. =)

Anonymous said...

Shan,
You do such great photo-journalism-type stories. Your summation of Dad's birthday surprise is so perfect. He read it this morning on his birthday and really loved it. Good thing you commemorated his big 5-0 birthday, because I didn't do too much here in Hawaii for him! I forgot to plan ahead! So, thanks for filling in there - great delightful story!
Love,
Your Mother Who Never Comments on Your Blog But Loves it Anyway

Hollie Shannon said...

promise... that is, unless Jesus comes back before then.

I miss you.

Shannon said...

el and hol- wahoo! 50th birthday parties galore! Unless Jesus comes back that is.

heath, dont stress out about your suppos-ed double chin. you're 14.

hey Shannon!! good to hear from you, girl!!

Mom, you can now officially be released from your title as the Mom who never comments. You comment! you do!! i'm glad you guys liked the post!