Sunday, September 2, 2007

I'm smiling from ear to ear. A YELLOW SCHWINN!!!!!!!!!!!

this is another one of those stories where I just can't contain myself.

Denise and I needed bikes. Badly.
This was serious business.
Now that we live in apartments off-campus, walking to and from class was taking a little bit long-- especially when its so hot out.

Well, we went to LA and came back with nothing.
We looked at a million beach cruisers, and a million other bikes, but none of them worked. We needed more than one speed (we're not very strong. hills would be killer.), and we didn't want to spend more than $100. LA gave us no options but to go home empty-handed.

Sad would be an understatement. We were absolutely devestated.

Our next try was Craigslist.
Somehow, magically-- we found this amazing site online: http://myspace.com/junkyrustybikes.
This guy had our dream bikes
Literally. I wanted a yellow one, and guess what he had? I KNOW!!
I got yellow, Den got blue. Both vintage Schwinns.

It gets better. He delivered them THAT NIGHT.
I know.
So we got our bikes, we are literally glowing because of our answered prayers, and I now don't have to run to class when I'm late. AND IT HAS A BELL!!!!!!!

{excited for our bike-shopping day}
den test driving one of the beach cruisers that we hated
yes, strong language, i know-- but seriously. are you a little perplexed, like we were?
donuts, fried chicken, and chinese food?
from louisiana?
with palm trees??
a sight on our way to one of the bike shops that failed us miserably
and another
in utter disbelief at our lack of success
sidenote--denise tells me I have really white legs, and, yes-- I do, and it's because I'm from Canada and don't like tanning. waste of time!
and now I'm smiling and glowing because my bike is incredible.
I rode it to church this morning.
I am so thankful.
{I won't mention the part about me huffing and
puffing up the hill because the gears need fixing}




!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Heather Leith said...

I LOVE THE YELLOW!

Hollie Shannon said...

huffing and puffing yet turning heads in the process... you and your bike are beautiful: Watch out --> my huffy stalker might be in love with your schwinn breeze.
(ps: why is it that my bike has a creepy man name, and yours has a free-bird, beautiful lady name?)

Anonymous said...

I'm really jealous of you right now :)

angela said...

I saw you guys riding that day! You were going by the fountain and laughing in a way that made it impossible not to know that they were new bikes.

Cool blog.