Thursday, July 26, 2007

San Francisco (are you tired of polaroids? I'm not)

a series on line.
all sorts of it.
a series on light
all taken at different places
the first one happened when my polaroid camera dropped by accident.
i thought it had broken, but instead, this beauty came out.
it was a really happy part of the day
a little behind the scenes sneak peek
me+nate--------------on the subway
me+denise:::::with windblown hair
we got in n out, had the man take our photo, and then we took one of him too--because he was so sweet.
{we saw a shooting star}
*******************
we wanted to remember the moment
but the flash on the pola kind of flashed out our faces
the fabulous denise took these! aren't they rad?l: us with nate's lovely mom and sister! they journeyed with us!
r: the farmer's market: fresh honey, fresh fruit, fresh everythingoooo, one of my favorites. twigs AND sunflare. love.
now, everybody.
this next little combo has a special place in my heart. i think i'm literally getting a tear in my eye right now. some of you may think i over-exaggerate, and that I'm not really tearing up, but you have to understand-- i get really excited about certain things (ie: everything), and this is one of those amazing, amazing, amazing things.

i saw the ikea catalog sitting on a table in my house, and LOOK WHAT IT SAYS! AND THEN LOOK AT THE TOP OF MY BLOG! WE MATCH! mmm- a celebration of life, everyday... that's what I'm all about, that's what I see, that's what I record, that's what I explore. and it's so wonderful because i found it in everyday life too. just, walking around my house. AND THEN I GOT TO CELEBRATE!! (plus it matches the photo of myself. oh... my... lanta.)
I could not be more excited about any post I have ever done.
I absolutely loved every single stage of the process in getting to these final images:
- being in San Francisco
- experiencing things, and taking polaroids of them, as part of the experience
- loving the moments more than the pictures
- but still loving the pictures
- thinking today at work: maybe i could tape them to things.
- because, i love love love green masking tape, its my favorite.
- coming home, searching through my mountain of mess to find the tape
- going outside, searching through the photos to find combos i liked
- enduring my mom making fun of me for taping them to her screen door
- stopping halfway through. dinner.
- returning from dinner, only to find the sun had gone down.
- enjoying the challenge of taking photos outside in the dark.
- doing a few little photoshoppy things to make them lovely
- anddd, post.

love, shannon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shan,
All I can say is, you make me chuckle. The fact that this is your favorite post of all time is just so awesome. You are such a fun combination of whimsy and unique perspective and humor and profundities and joy and enthusiasm and randomness and vivacity. I'm glad this is your favorite post. I am rejoicing with you about your favorite post. It's a delight to my soul.

Love,
Your Mother Who Never Comments On Your Blog But Thinks It's Wonderful.